Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Announcing BF3 Campaign 3!

Post by Cheesy »

Gentlemen and gentlemen,

It's my pleasure to announce

Global Conflict Campaign 3

As you all know, Campaign 2 was a wild ride. Kinetic Influence and HitCorp battled it out for 4 months, and in that time we welcomed a huge influx of great new players to our community. We hope you all had a blast in C2 -- because it was just the beginning 8)

:arrow: In C2, we fought over the Middle East. In C3, we'll fight over the whole world.
:arrow: In C2, most people were brand new. In C3, we'll have two armies of battle-tested veterans.
:arrow: In C2, we mostly played conquest large. In C3, we'll branch out to new game modes.
:arrow: In C2, we played best two out of three. In C3, we'll use the full-on Risk system you all signed up for.
:arrow: In C2, we had some fun. in C3, we'll play Battlefield the way it was meant to be played!

In the next few weeks, we'll be announcing much, much more about C3. For now, we have two big announcements.

First, the big one -- we've selected our two new generals. With Shrapnel and Hitman enjoying a well-deserved break, the Executive Senate sought out two new victims heroes to face off in the new campaign. We'd like to thank everyone who volunteered, as well as all the veteran players who offered nominations and suggestions. I'm excited to welcome two fresh faces to the hotseat. Please welcome your next generals...
(drumroll!)
haruky8
and
XrunawayX
This week, both generals will be contacting prospective officers, especially those they don't know well. If you want to be an officer but haven't signed up yet, this is your last chance! Signups close Thursday. Feel free to reach out to each general with a PM as well. Final officer selections will happen by Saturday.

Just a heads up -- over 30 people signed up to be officers this campaign! 8O That's great news, but it means not everyone will hold an officer position at the very start. Players who weren't selected for high command will be placed in the individual draft, where it will still be possible to advance to leadership positions later

That brings me to the next announcement: the schedule for C3. Exact dates are still subject to change, but the rough timeline is:

:arrow: High Commands Formed Saturday, June 16
:arrow: Fun Day #1: VIP, Rambo, Pistols & Knives, C4 Saturday, June 16 SBT..
:arrow: Fun Day #2: 4v4 Squad Rush Tournament Saturday, June 23 SBT
:arrow: Individual Draft Signups Open Saturday, June 23.
If you're not an officer, this is where you'll sign up to play in C3.
:arrow: Individual Draft Saturday, June 30, SBT.
Each high command takes turns picking soldiers to join their army, one guy at a time.
:arrow: Warmup Army Scrimmage Saturday, June 30, SBT+2 (immediately after draft)
The first time our two armies meet. We play for bragging rights only, but it's the first chance each side gets to organize itself.
:arrow: Battle for Initiative Saturday, July 7, SBT
The first official battle of the campaign. No territories change hands, but the winner gets the first attack.
:arrow: Battleday #1 Saturday, July 14, SBT
The magic happens!

Keep your eye out for lots more announcements! In the meantime, feel free to PM me or anyone else with the "Executive" tag under their avatar with questions or comments.

See you on the battlefield 8)
Cheesy, on behalf of the Executive Senate
dpil1

Re: Announcing BF3 Campaign 3!

Post by dpil1 »

My only complaint is that its too long of a wait :(
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Congratz, Haruky and XrunawayX! I'm really excited for the new campaign. :D
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

congrats new generals. Can't wait to see who the rest of the officers are.
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Nice! I kind of had a feeling about the generals. Great guys and I'm excited for this next campaign!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Success! :P
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

Congratulations guys! I am a little disappointed I didn't make it to general, but I'm sure this was a just decision.
Last edited by Arcturus on Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Congratulations and thank you to our new Generals for stepping up. You guys are in for a lot of work, but a lot of fun for C3 :D.
dpil1 wrote:My only complaint is that its too long of a wait :(
Unfortunately it's needed. That's the quickest we could get the campaign started. There's a lot to get done in that time.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

dsfarcturus wrote:Congratulations guys! I am a little disappointed I didn't make it to general, but I'm sure this was a just decision.
Don't be, you can be one in C4. In the meantime you will get more experience and become a even better General.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

grats guys!
dsfarcturus wrote:Congratulations guys! I am a little disappointed I didn't make it to general, but I'm sure this was a just decision.
just think of how another campaign as an officer will make you an even more experienced and better general!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I'm only sad that I really like both generals! Runaway and Haruky are both great guys.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

FlashofSilver wrote:I'm only sad that I really like both generals! Runaway and Haruky are both great guys.
you can still knife me flash
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Robawillis wrote:
FlashofSilver wrote:I'm only sad that I really like both generals! Runaway and Haruky are both great guys.
you can still knife me flash
Count on it :)
V_

Post by V_ »

Congrats, guys! @ Runaway, I told you you could do it! :)
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

grats guys! I am looking forward to playing for you both!