How did you think of your forum/battlelog nickname

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

nOOdlewOOd

Re: How did you thought of your forum nickname

Post by nOOdlewOOd »

noodlewood was my playername in BF2 when I joined GC. It's the literal interpretation of the two german words in Nudelholz (rolling pin)

Normally my Online Name is synergy or synergy453 since synergy is often taken.

WolvErAse came from BFBC2 where Albino, another friend and me chose names with a superhero theme combined with our nicknames and since it's now my name in EA I kept it
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I first came up with Henidhor for a character of mine while I was part of a medium-heavy role-playing community in a game set in Middle Earth. (I am usually more of an RPG/RTS guy, but I thought I'd try something new and have been having a lot of fun with Battlefield and subsequently GC.) It is in the language of Sindarin, the form of elvish spoken in Middle Earth, and is a combination of the words Hen (eye) + Idhor (Thoughtful), translated roughly as Thoughtful Eyes. I liked the name, and since it was the name of my first character in that game, I made it my general gaming name and have been using it ever since.

As a side note, in Sindarin the "dh" is pronounced as a soft "th." Also, for some reason 50% of people seem to see it as "Heindor" (Or in CanShield's case, 'Heniwhore'...} I think Cheesy is the only one who I've ever heard pronounce it correctly, though to be fair I haven't ever corrected one.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I called you Heiny yesterday, like Heineken beer. Sorry, didn't know how to pronounce it. :P
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

.Sup wrote:I called you Heiny yesterday, like Heineken beer. Sorry, didn't know how to pronounce it. :P
I should start calling him Heiny too. :mrgreen:

As for my forum name.. I will give a brief language lesson.

My name is actually two parts. "Haru" and the "Ky"

Haru basically means "one day" in Korean. Not "one day" as in "ohh one day I will do this" but more like "We have ONE DAY to finish the project."

Ky is the first two letters of my name.

Combining the two makes it "haruky"

the 8? I love the number 8.
Image[/url]
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

When joining a gaming community from the area (yes, dsf), everyone had a celestial body as their nickname. I picked Arcturus, as it is one of the brightest stars visible from Earth. That simple.

Edit: minor grammar mistake
Last edited by Arcturus on Sun May 20, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

haruky8 wrote: I love the number 8.
I hate the number 8, i have no idea why. It's like a bad luck number to me.

About my name, the first game I bought on Origin is Fifa11. I named my account fawadforlan. Because fawad is my own name and forlan is a soccer player from Uruguay. I really loved the way he played against holland and other countrys in South Africa in 2010.
And when I bought battlefield 3 my ingame name was automatically fawadforlan, and I decided to just keep it.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

dsfarcturus wrote:When joining a gaming community from the area (yes, dsf), everyone had a celestial body as their nickname. I picked Arcturus, as it is one of the brightest stars visible from Earth. That simple.

Edit: minor grammar mistake
dsf in front of your name confuses me, I think I shall change it to gcarcturus
Rolten

Post by Rolten »

It's a combination of my first name (Maarten) and my second name (Roland).

Yes, I'm that original. Better than what I had before that: Hairy Bunny. Right.....
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

.Sup wrote:dsf in front of your name confuses me, I think I shall change it to gcarcturus
That's what I realised over time. The problem is, though, that "Arcturus" was already taken in Origin, as in most other sign-ups. So I tend to use the nickname "arc." whenever I can to eliminate both the pronunciation issue and being called "FARC".

How do we actually pronounce your name? Some say "soup" and other say " 'sup"...
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

dsfarcturus wrote:
.Sup wrote:dsf in front of your name confuses me, I think I shall change it to gcarcturus
That's what I realised over time. The problem is, though, that "Arcturus" was already taken in Origin, as in most other sign-ups. So I tend to use the nickname "arc." whenever I can to eliminate both the pronunciation issue and being called "FARC".

How do we actually pronounce your name? Some say "soup" and other say " 'sup"...
sup. Only Shrap and Cheesy call me soup, its because...they like soup. Shrap is my gen anyway, I have to let him. I might start calling him Shrek and then maybe he will understand how I feel.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

dsfarcturus wrote:

the old timers call him "soup" because his name used to be .Supr3.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

.Sup wrote: sup. Only Shrap and Cheesy call me soup, its because...they like soup. Shrap is my gen anyway, I have to let him. I might start calling him Shrek and then maybe he will understand how I feel.
I call you "soup"...
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

I've always been a huge Dallas cowboys fan, and Emmitt Smith (wore number 22) is the greatest running back of all time no questions asked :mrgreen: . Came up with it as a screen name back when AIM was cool and haven't strayed away from it ever since.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Cyrillius

Post by Cyrillius »

basically what arc said but then I chose Cyrillus which is a crater on the moon, not much special about it apart from the fact that it is similar to my second name Cyriel so I changed it to Cyrillius, the dsf is because origin apparently already has someone with cyrillius (HOW?!) but yeah thats pretty much it