BF 4 - Official 17mins HD gameplay video.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: BF 4 - Official 17mins HD gameplay video.

Post by Róka »

haruky wrote:
Necromancer wrote:I don't see anything new apart from better graphics.
As much as a 2nd scope is cool its effect on the gameplay is minimal and it doesn't take much time to add it.
Of course they designed billion other scopes but again it changes about nothing. And only like a days work.
I think the vehicle destructions will be a lot better in BF4. BF3 had it so that every vehicle just sorta exploded after it went to 0%. Now it looks like it might just plunge straight into the ground and kick up dust and such. I like that.
Yeah I actually noticed that, too. And I could tell it's not scripted because when he shot the truck carrying soldiers it had a more detailed explosion too.
I'm one for better epic helicopter crashes 8)
ImageImage
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Rumors say a multiplayer trailer is coming 30 march.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Róka wrote: Yeah I actually noticed that, too. And I could tell it's not scripted because when he shot the truck carrying soldiers it had a more detailed explosion too.
when? the trucks on the bridge are scripted. they all blow up as soon as the transport chopper starts shooting.
the attack chopper pursuit is also scripted.

theres a big difference between better blow-up animation (and hopefully they'll have multiple blow-up animations for every vehicle) and the chopper actually falling to the ground, drags on the ground before it blows up.

and its all about graphics again. :?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Necromancer wrote:
Róka wrote: Yeah I actually noticed that, too. And I could tell it's not scripted because when he shot the truck carrying soldiers it had a more detailed explosion too.
Well, if it actually does plummet to the ground, it COULD have some impact on the gameplay. Like if a chopper lands on you as it's crashing, you'd die. Or if it lands on a tank or w/e then the tank would get damaged. etc etc.
Image[/url]
Róka

Post by Róka »

Necromancer wrote:
when? the trucks on the bridge are scripted. they all blow up as soon as the transport chopper starts shooting.
the attack chopper pursuit is also scripted.

theres a big difference between better blow-up animation (and hopefully they'll have multiple blow-up animations for every vehicle) and the chopper actually falling to the ground, drags on the ground before it blows up.

I was talking about when he takes the enemy jeep, parks it in a rail, and spams at the truck. That is not scripted.
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

haruky wrote: Well, if it actually does plummet to the ground, it COULD have some impact on the gameplay. Like if a chopper lands on you as it's crashing, you'd die. Or if it lands on a tank or w/e then the tank would get damaged. etc etc.
haruky, in this case BF4 is already here.
phpBB [video]
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!