New Years Give-Away! FREE GAMES... Tell us your story.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

New Years Give-Away! FREE GAMES... Tell us your story.

Post by haruky »

Hi everyone,

I have a few games here that I've purchased over the years. They've been sitting here and I'd like to give some away! Here is what I have available. It's not much... but I hope there's someone out there that wants them. All you need to do is post! Share a fun story of your time at GC, or just post what game you want.

Anyway, thanks for the good 3(?) years everyone. I hope you guys have a great 2015!

If I manage to find more games to give away, I'll post 'em here.

Steam Keys:

Alan Wake + American Nightmare
Titan Quest
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Terraria
Galactic Civilizations II
Legend of Grimrock
Orcs Must Die 2
Red Faction Guerilla
Warhammer 40,000: Space MArine

Origin Keys (From Origin HB):

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise
Crysis 2
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Populous
Last edited by haruky on Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image[/url]
Róka

Re: New Years Give-Away! FREE GAMES...

Post by Róka »

Happy New Year! k:beer:
I'll take Terraria and Dead Space 3! k:angel:

EDIT: Going to post a few memorable stories, but college papers first :oops:
ImageImage
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Damn I already have most of these games.
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class
BF4C3: LN7 Infantry Private
BF4C4: JANUS Armor Private
BF4C5: KTSS SAS Captain
BF4C6: SAD Infantry CorporalImage
BF4C7: GC Infantry Captain
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Kilo wrote:Damn I already have most of these games.
Haha. I figured most people would have these..

Roka: Yes. Studies first! But afterwards, come check your PM!
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Just came here to say thanks, Haruky, for being such an awesome and generous member of this community! :thumbup:

My steam backlog is already pretty big, so I won't be asking for any games. :)
it'sthosedamnsteamsales
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
lakefisher1

Post by lakefisher1 »

Thanks for doing this Haruky! Happy New Year. I'll take medal of honor if that's still going please.

In terms of a memorable story: All of GC! There has been so many great times I can't really pick out one, from the actual Battledays to RO2, to the training sessions with Gonzo and Sao... It's all been great. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Follow us @gc_org and help support our community!
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

oh orcs must die 2 is really fun, pm me if you'd like to play it with me whoever gets it.
thanks for doing this haruky
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

@bock: hehe. my steam backlog is also out of control. I think I've played maybe 10% of my steam library. :c

Also, I guess I should also share my favorite GC story while we're at it.

It's honestly got to be BF3C3 back when I was the general in PRIDe vs DARK. Do any of you remember the Gulf of Oman match? The one where it came down to like 1 or 2 tickets each for both sides. The map was split into two. The beach and the city. DARK held the city with 2 flags. PRIDe held the beach with 2 flags. It was a stand still with people taking cover and trying not to get shot. And everyone kept saying, DO NOT RESPAWN!!!! It was absolutely intense.

In the end, Flummi took our Transport Chopper and everyone on PRIDe gathered near the bridge to attempt a bum rush at the city. Flummi flew overhead with his gunner and that was our cue. Smoke grenades went out and an assembly of PRIDe soldiers rushed at the flag. Wild shooting happened and I got killed in the first few seconds, but eventually, I started seeing the flag tick down. It kept ticking until it turned blue and DARK's last ticket went to zero.

That, has to be my favorite moment of GC ever.

My second most favorite? Sitting in the rocket arty and racking up 40 kills over the course of one game. :mrgreen:
Image[/url]
SeraphiM0352
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by SeraphiM0352 »

Good story Haruky, that was awesome.

One of my favorites is actually not battlefield related and isn't so much a single moment but more like a month long event.

Who else remembers GC's adventures in Rust? Those were good times of harvesting materials, defending against raids, counter raiding, scrambling to get c4 from an airdrop, and 10 people following Haruky yelling 'hello friend!'. Those were good times when you really felt like a community. I'm looking forward to doing that again.
MONGO_abaday
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by MONGO_abaday »

Could I lay claim to Red Faction Guerilla please :D. I had the demo for it but never played the full game lol

Thanks For everything that you put into this community
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I would love Populous if you don't mind!

I'll also stick some of my spares up for grabs, all steam:

Audiosurf
Defense Grid: The awakening
Torchlight II
Meridian: A New World
Contagion
HacknSlash
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

ooh could I get defence grid the awakening? I love td games
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

haruky wrote: It's honestly got to be BF3C3 back when I was the general in PRIDe vs DARK. Do any of you remember the Gulf of Oman match? The one where it came down to like 1 or 2 tickets each for both sides. The map was split into two. The beach and the city. DARK held the city with 2 flags. PRIDe held the beach with 2 flags. It was a stand still with people taking cover and trying not to get shot. And everyone kept saying, DO NOT RESPAWN!!!! It was absolutely intense.

In the end, Flummi took our Transport Chopper and everyone on PRIDe gathered near the bridge to attempt a bum rush at the city. Flummi flew overhead with his gunner and that was our cue. Smoke grenades went out and an assembly of PRIDe soldiers rushed at the flag. Wild shooting happened and I got killed in the first few seconds, but eventually, I started seeing the flag tick down. It kept ticking until it turned blue and DARK's last ticket went to zero.

That, has to be my favorite moment of GC ever.
I remember it vividly playing on DARK side.

Luckily we have it recorded for posterity :) :

phpBB [video]
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

SeraphiM0352 wrote:Good story Haruky, that was awesome.

One of my favorites is actually not battlefield related and isn't so much a single moment but more like a month long event.

Who else remembers GC's adventures in Rust? Those were good times of harvesting materials, defending against raids, counter raiding, scrambling to get c4 from an airdrop, and 10 people following Haruky yelling 'hello friend!'. Those were good times when you really felt like a community. I'm looking forward to doing that again.
Oh man! I had so much fun with you guys playing that. Standing watch in the watchtowers of "Rome" with my bolt action rifle. I still remember the feeling of taking one shot at someone who was trying to shoot at us. Waiting it out in intense anticipation providing cover watching the ridge in case he poked his head out again, just for you guys to move up carefully and find I had apparently actually killed him with my one shot.

For a game that wasn't done, that game was incredibly awesome. I am still a bit disappointed, I had to take a break from it as it was literally consuming my free time at the time. Had the urge to play again but everyone had stopped playing already :( and I didn't feel like playing alone.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

@seraphim: How could I forget?? I've still been keeping a close eye on the Rust subreddit and watching its progress. The experimental branch is coming along nicely and it looks like they're making quick progress. Granted, from the looks of it, it's going to take another few months for it to be fully operational, but once it's done, it looks like it will be an absolute blast. We need to get people in on it again. I don't think I have had so much fun and anticipation playing a game before. Those mad rushes toward Airdrops, defending against raiders, The Great Migration, all of this really made for one of my most memorable gaming experiences ever... I hope to experience this again sometime soon!

@Mongo: Yes! Of course! Check your PM!

@Gwynzer: You too! Check your PM!

@Razy: Oh my... Brings back memories. Just looking at 2:45 minute mark makes me giddy. Look at the mini-map and all those blue arrows rush in at once. :lol:

@Wild_Kard: Rome... Rome sweet Rome. It was a fun, but futile idea. That last stand-off was absolutely gripping. Game seriously got my heart pumping too hard at times. And like you, my life was consumed as well. I don't think I've ever invested so much into a video game before. I hope that the newest update comes out soon so we can get everyone together once again. May the GC Mob live forever!
Image[/url]