Australia

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

THUNDER AXE

Australia

Post by THUNDER AXE »

Ok, so I come from this weird place called Australia and from talking to a couple people over the past few days it seems you all don't really know much about Australia with it being so far away so if any of you have any questions about us Aussies or my country you can ask them all here :)

And don't worry about offending my sense of pride for my country. It's not possible :P
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE. OI OI OI
aka
Stolzy_Burger
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Australia

Post by Th30ne »

As a fellow half-Oz'y this should be interesting!

BTW l was Born in Oz, Manly district hospital to be exact :mrgreen:

And moved to the UK a few years after l was born, BUT god bless duel nationality!
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

Haha My Mother was born in Cambridge and moved to Australia when she was 5 years old :P and my fathers side is from Germany but he was born in Australia. even though he could only speak German when he started at school :P so I'm getting my British Passport so I can come to Europe to live for a year or 2 and work and have an extended holiday :D but other than that lived my whole life in Melbourne Australia but I have been Camping across the entire country and have been nearly everywhere :P so its going to be my turn to explore Europe soon :)
aka
Stolzy_Burger
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Why were sections of the Australian constitution mentioning aboriginal people removed during the referendum in the 1960s?
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

The 1967 Referendum was to Allow the Aboriginals to be counted in the census, but more importantly allowed our government to make specific laws in regards to the aboriginals. before this point they where unable to so whilst this didn't improve the living conditions and rights of the aboriginal people, it gave the government the opportunity to actually make a difference to there way of life for the better. which it did in some small ways but didn't see any real improvement for some years to come.

so it basically removed there name where it said something along the lines of "where the government can make specific laws under special circumstances for any race except for the Aboriginals" to "where the government can make specific laws under special circumstances for any race"
(I cant remember the exact wording)

(actually did this in school when I studied our legal system :P)
aka
Stolzy_Burger
Nix

Post by Nix »

whoa they have schools there?
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

Yea mind you there mainly made out of shacks and we learn how to make fires, Dodge and avoid Drop bears, Train Kangaroos, Shoot, hunt, track, navigate by the stars and sun, make camps and wooden huts. you know all the day to day stuff.
aka
Stolzy_Burger
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

THUNDER AXE wrote:Yea mind you there mainly made out of shacks and we learn how to make fires, Dodge and avoid Drop bears, Train Kangaroos, Shoot, hunt, track, navigate by the stars and sun, make camps and wooden huts. you know all the day to day stuff.
Image :mrgreen: :lol:

I've been back a few time's but only to Sydney and also Jindabyne, I do want to go back again soon! But that sodding flight is such a killer!
“‘In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.”
THUNDER AXE

Post by THUNDER AXE »

ughhhh Sydney. the black hole of despair in Australia. and if you think his knife collection is good you should see mine :D
aka
Stolzy_Burger
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

A uni friend of mine went to Sydney for a post-doc and now he has a more independent position in Melbourn. He loves the country, I dont think he will come back to Germany anytime soon.

I have to visit him some day, but the long flight and his spider stories are fraking scary
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I heard your map is up side down and centered on you.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Necromancer wrote:I heard your map is up side down and centered on you.
woah thats awesome
Th30ne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Th30ne »

THUNDER AXE wrote:ughhhh Sydney. the black hole of despair in Australia. and if you think his knife collection is good you should see mine :D
Sounds like you love Sydney so much lol!

You must post up some shiny picks of your knife collection :mrgreen:

I do want to visit Melbourne at some point it does look really nice and if l get the chance to check out Uluru!
Nix

Post by Nix »

Necromancer wrote:I heard your map is up side down and centered on you.
whoooaaa dude *takes bong hit* that's like.. a whole new planet man.
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
KaptenKarp

Post by KaptenKarp »

all of the creatures "god" had forgotten about is placed on australia (Nope-land) ^^
BF3:C6 PFC - S.C.A.R.
BF4:C1 LT - Soviet
BF4:C3 CPT - LN7