Getting Started at GC

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: Getting Started at GC

Post by Gwynzer »

The 9987 is the port. It's not so relevant for GC, as 9987 is the default teamspeak port. But it's handy for people who may be editing bookmarks to servers which run on different ports.
PapayaGiver

Post by PapayaGiver »

Hi,
Quick question I couldn't find in the faq or the forums: Is there a subdivision that plays harcore? Or even better, do you all play HC? From what I've seen so far this seems like an awesome community to play with, however having to play normal mode to join would really be a turndown.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

PapayaGiver wrote:Hi,
Quick question I couldn't find in the faq or the forums: Is there a subdivision that plays harcore? Or even better, do you all play HC? From what I've seen so far this seems like an awesome community to play with, however having to play normal mode to join would really be a turndown.
Hey, we don't play hardcore however our server settings are adjusted so its closer to hardcore. I am talking about health which is 80% and does not regenerate.
PapayaGiver

Post by PapayaGiver »

Well it's not hardcore but pretty close ;). I had to get used to shooting longer at people but that's not so bad. Waht bothers me about normal are the doritos and the regeneration.
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Also, no 3d spotting.
ImageImageImage
Ishii

Post by Ishii »

Hi Guys!
I signed up for the new campaign that starts tonight a few days ago.
But now i´m a bit confused. What have i to do now?
Joining the TS-Sever at 18:30 CET? And if so, on wich Channel should i go first, i dont know nobody here and dont want to interrupt a squad or bunch of Friends.
Or just waiting on the Forum to see if i get draftet to a team with future instructions?

Maybe somebody can offer me a helping Hand for tonight?
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

@Ishii

You'll be assigned to an army during the player draft. You can see which army you're assigned to under the SOLDIER INFO in ABC. You'll also get access to that army's forums and have its forum color (red=SAD, blue=TCF).

After the draft is done there's going to be a scrim between the two armies. There are going to be two scrims, followed by BFI (Battle for Initiative), and afterwards the campaign will start. You can see the timeline on the front page.

Don't worry about not knowing people. You'll be placed in a squad and get to know everyone pretty quickly. You can also join TS and play with people who are online.

Hope this made sense. If you have more question feel free to ask.

Have fun tongiht :thumbup:
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Hey Ishii!

Welcome aboard! Hope u have a blast here.

Did u get sorted the other day? Managed to get on TS? Please let me know if you need further help.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Ishii

Post by Ishii »

RazY70 wrote: Hope this made sense. If you have more question feel free to ask.
It made sense! :thumbup:
undrt0w wrote: Did u get sorted the other day? Managed to get on TS? Please let me know if you need further help.
Thx! Everything went fine for me, and we are both Members of the Family so im sure we meet us at latest on the next scrimmage!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Cool man! Good to hear!

Looking forward to pew pew with you!! :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
MrBen

Post by MrBen »

Hi,
I've signed up and been assigned to SAD which is great. So I'm in the 'farm', but I'm not sure what that means. Also what's the TS address and which BF4 server is the battle on?
CaptJagermeister
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CaptJagermeister »

MrBen wrote:Hi,
I've signed up and been assigned to SAD which is great. So I'm in the 'farm', but I'm not sure what that means. Also what's the TS address and which BF4 server is the battle on?
Hey MrBen welcome at GC! The farm is just where all the new army recruits get put untill they're assigned to an army division eg armor or infantry. The BF server we start on is This one and halfway through the battleday we will have a break after which we switch to the US server. You can connect to the GC TS3 server with the connect now button on the mainpage or manually input the server IP which is also on the main page. Hope that helps! Looking forward to playing some BF with you
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

MrBen wrote:Hi,
Hey MrBen.

The teamspeak is ts.global-conflict.org.
'Farm' means you have not yet been put into any division. You can chose if you favor infantry, armor or air. Just a formality to help managing the armies.
Join the TS tomorrow at least 15min before the battle start (check front page timer), so we can get you sorted and give you a quick introduction. Of course you can join the TS anytime and hang out and make friends.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cornchowdah

Post by cornchowdah »

Hi all,

I just found out about this a couple days ago and just registered and signed up for the draft. Am I too late for tomorrow?
Kilo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kilo »

Nope, just show up tomorrow and one of the TAs or Officers will get you sorted
Battlefield Tournament History
BF3C4: STAR Infantry Private 2Image
BF3C5: LOD Infantry Private
BF3C6: UNSC Infantry Private First Class
BF4C1: USSR Infantry Conscript
BF4C2: GoCI Infantry Private First Class