Need help? Ask here!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Trister

Re: Need help? Ask here!

Post by Trister »

Hey guys, I just signed up to your site looking for more information and possibly joining. I know, missed the deadline of C1.

So I get that every Saturday you play for about 6 hours (I believe) and a campaign lasts 2-3 months. I have a few questions. On these Saturdays, is it just one big round with thousands of tickets or just normal rounds? I think I read somewhere you can come and go. So a player is able to jump in and out of game during the 6 hours?

Thanks
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Hey Trister,
rounds have around 300 tickets give or take, we play around 3 maps per battleday (with each map being played twice, once as every side). Battledays last 6 hours starting from 19.00 Central European Time (1pm Eastern, Noon Central, 10am Pacific), until 01:00 CET (7pm Eastern, 6pm Central 4pm Pacific).

The rest of info is here including signup thread for the current campaign which is being continued after holiday pause this Saturday:
viewtopic.php?f=263&t=14835
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Tickets are set to 200% of normal and we've been playing an average of 4 battles over the 6 hour period, with a 30 minute break at half time. Everyone is free to come and go as you please, although before joining the server you need to check with your CO that there is room, as we have limits on side difference to keep things balanced.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Hey Trister, welcome to GC! If you have any more questions feel free to ask! :D
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Trister

Post by Trister »

Yeah, actually I do.

Is it 300 or 200% ticket count because the latter would mean there would be around 1000 tickets.

More importantly, I've posted this site on our clan's forum. Seems there's a few members interested in joining this. I know they each need their own GC account but, how would one go about joining the Campaign together as a team? I do see the bottom of the template, where it asks you, who are you joining with (paraphrasing of course). Would I list all the GC names there? Currently there's 5 of us interested and although some may not participate every Saturday or at the same times on Saturday, I'd understand if you're not able to put us together.

Thanks!
Mac

Post by Mac »

Hey guys, I got a little bit of time before i have to go start some work. I just recently heard of your GLOBAL CONFLICT 6 hour world games and would like to join you guys as one of my clan members plays. I would like to Join up with team red. However, i am unsure if there is a separate forum or registration for this event. Please let me know the formal fill-outs, etc. i need to complete to play.

Ps. other clan members also interested. Hope to bring more people to this. Thank you.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Hey Trister, Mac you can join as a team, just fill out this from: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16707&p=179094#p179094
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

.Sup wrote:Hey Trister, Mac you can join as a team, just fill out this from: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16707&p=179094#p179094
Make sure you list who you're joining with when you sign up so that we know to put you on the same team. :)
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
RiggerDaMan

Post by RiggerDaMan »

Hey all,
I just set up an account successfully but I can't post to the page where I get assigned to an army... The one at this link: http://global-conflict.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17099

Help?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

RiggerDaMan wrote:Hey all,
I just set up an account successfully but I can't post to the page where I get assigned to an army... The one at this link: http://global-conflict.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17099

Help?
It was in high demand last night. We also have the forums set to pre-approve all posts for people who have less than 5 posts (to stop the spammers). Try again now the traffic is somewhat back to normal.

Also, make sure you have cookies enabled and that when you sign in you check the "remember me" box.
GreenRanger

Post by GreenRanger »

I think I signed up to be in an army, how long does it usually take to get the message for which army you are in?
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

A lot of Assigments are currently being processed ... give it a day :)
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Also, I've heard again, the forum signup process basically locks out people under 18 unless they get parental permission.
mrhuggles

Post by mrhuggles »

Hey! I'm new here, and I put an app in the registration, but that thread was locked. Should I expect to be judged soon or should I reply to the new one?
Thanks in advance.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

mrhuggles wrote:Hey! I'm new here, and I put an app in the registration, but that thread was locked. Should I expect to be judged soon or should I reply to the new one?
Thanks in advance.
If you have already posted your application then you just need to wait for you to be assigned to an army and a new set of forums will open for you.