Rule/server questions

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

UglyMuffins

Rule/server questions

Post by UglyMuffins »

I read over the fairplay thread over here but I still have a few questions

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=13829

1.) If the aircraft/vehicle is empty but being repaired, is it still fair game to attack it? Is it also OK for me to put C4 on an unoccupied tank/jeep and detonate it once it's occupied?
2.) Are all weapons permitted? USAS?
3.) Will FF be on? HC?
4.) Will 3d spotting be on?
5.) Are players allowed to bunny-hop (constantly jumping - I know servers that disallow it since it's 'unrealistic'). Bunny hopping also makes you run slightly faster so...

-Thanks
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Rule/server questions

Post by .Sup »

Good questions. Yes on all accounts. That thread will be updated before Saturday.
dad0ughb0y

Post by dad0ughb0y »

UglyMuffins wrote:I read over the fairplay thread over here but I still have a few questions

viewtopic.php?f=168&t=13829

1.) If the aircraft/vehicle is empty but being repaired, is it still fair game to attack it? Is it also OK for me to put C4 on an unoccupied tank/jeep and detonate it once it's occupied?
2.) Are all weapons permitted? USAS?
3.) Will FF be on? HC?
4.) Will 3d spotting be on?
5.) Are players allowed to bunny-hop (constantly jumping - I know servers that disallow it since it's 'unrealistic'). Bunny hopping also makes you run slightly faster so...

-Thanks
1. It is fair game to attack from ground troops. Bombing runs/camping goes against fairplay. Once they lift off, they're fair game. I'd say that c4 on an unoccupied vehicle could go either way, but when it comes down to it, if it was me I wouldn't do it.
2. Yes, everything is unlocked and ready to roll.
3. Yes, friendly fire is on.
4. 3D Spotting is on for the current campaign, yes.
5. I'm not aware of any rules against bunny hopping, but I've never noticed it. I think that just goes back to the whole fairplay aspect and the community at large. Everyone is out to have a good time, not to pad stats or glitch eachother to death.
-Dough
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I love the name, UglyMuffins!

I'll try to answer these questions as best as I can :-) Typically, the key to everything is sportsmanship - we try to approach the game as gentlemen.
BlueberryUglyMuffins wrote:If the aircraft/vehicle is empty but being repaired, is it still fair game to attack it? Is it also OK for me to put C4 on an unoccupied tank/jeep and detonate it once it's occupied?
In Short: Yes and Yes.
- The rules about "air camping air" are focused mainly on spawned air vehicles which are not yet occupied. The idea is to give aircraft a chance to contribute to a battle. Especially in our early BF2 campaigns, we noticed in that aircraft could absolutely determine an entire map... this made life pretty depressing for the losing team.

If the enemy aircraft has been engaged in combat and then has decided to land somewhere for repairs... then they're fair game. They've had their chance to contribute to the fight already :-)

- C4 on vehicles is certainly allowed. Any vehicles in cap-able flags are fair game at any point of a fight, and it's up to the people jumping into the jeep/APC/Tank to sweep it for mines or C4 (I've seen mines placed at their wheels before). In BF3 it's incredibly difficult to successfully place C4 on an enemy vehicle inside their uncap due to it being out-of-bounds... so it hasn't really come up. Technically it's allowed, so long as the opposing team owns at least one cap-able flag.

Note: you should always check with your squad leader (SL) or field commander (FC) before leaving C4 on an empty vehicle... odds are they'll prefer you keep it and use it (or assign it to someone)!
CranberryUglyMuffins wrote:2.) Are all weapons permitted? USAS?
Yup!

This was a huge talking point previously, and during our pre-campaign scrims we certainly tried both settings. At the moment we allow all weapons/unlocks... but this is something that is always subject to change if the majority of our community prefers it to.

Everything comes up to a vote at some point :-)
UglyBagels wrote:3.) Will FF be on? HC?
Friendly Fire is always turned on. This is a setting that's been around since the beginning, and is probably not going to change (not impossible, but improbable). Team work leads to this not being a big issue... and the occasional friendly fire "whoopsie" can lead to a lot of laughs :-)
AppleBananaMuffins wrote:4.) Will 3d spotting be on?
We just voted on this! We had 3D spotting turned off for BF3 Campaign 1, but the majority voted to turn it on for C2... so it's on. I wonder if it'll last through C3?
DoYouKnowtheMuffinMan wrote:5.) Are players allowed to bunny-hop (constantly jumping - I know servers that disallow it since it's 'unrealistic'). Bunny hopping also makes you run slightly faster so...
The game dynamics allow for "bunny hopping" and not really defined as a glitch/exploit, so it's currently not against the rules at GC. "Bunny hopping" and "Dolphin Diving" were especially hot topics during the BF2 days, oh man... many an argument to be had! Ultimately, you can do it but you'll probably be regarded as "less honorable" by some members of the community if it's a repeat occurrence, if that makes sense?
Hi!
GroundHighZero

Post by GroundHighZero »

Wanted to get a little more clarification on question 3 (3.) Will FF be on? HC?) before I signed up.

While FF is going to be enabled, will it be in fact Hardcore mode? As in will we have 60% health?
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

No it is not hardcore it is a mix. FF is on and health will be at 80% and there is no regenerative health except from a medpack
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

GroundHighZero wrote:While FF is going to be enabled, will it be in fact Hardcore mode? As in will we have 60% health?
We have gone for a compromise here between 'normal' and 'hardcore' and run with 80% health.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
GroundHighZero

Post by GroundHighZero »

Roger, thanks.
UglyMuffins

Post by UglyMuffins »

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I've found the 'jumping' trick to work especially well in infantry-only maps, like metro conquest. On the U.S. side, you can pretty much gain a whole 2-3 seconds over a non-jumping person by the time you reach B - and with a whole squad doing it, you can really gain an edge early in the game.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

UglyMuffins wrote:Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

I've found the 'jumping' trick to work especially well in infantry-only maps, like metro conquest. On the U.S. side, you can pretty much gain a whole 2-3 seconds over a non-jumping person by the time you reach B - and with a whole squad doing it, you can really gain an edge early in the game.
nah, with a SL you don`t have to run yourself :wink:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

If you're jihaad jeeping (rarely see it in pub play or GC battle) the rule of thumb was/is you need to survive. No kamikazi suicide. Havent really looked at rule since BF2 since it has not been an issue/hot topic in BF3.
Every rule can be played out to some levels, but if you're trying to bend the rules to gain an advantage, you're not going to make friends. And then we'll end up with more verbose complex rules.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

oh and jihaading/crashing in the air is not allowed by the way.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

sushi25 wrote:oh and jihaading/crashing in the air is not allowed by the way.
as well as any form of bumping or clipping an air vehicle with another air vehicle. Even if you survive after that it's still forbidden.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General