Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Tea-Assault »

Haha that IS pretty cool! Welcome to GC, hope you have fun here as that's what we are all about. I love moonshiners, I can't quite understand why they would film all the illegal activity and put it on a tv show though.. still fun to watch drunk hillbillies get drunker whilst trying to be sneaky :D (btw I see you've played all the games that got me into gaming and some)
the end is really fµcking nigh
ceolon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ceolon »

Speaking of Starlancer....

I'm currently in the closed beta for Elite: Dangerous. I think it's going to be great. I see a lot of Star Citizen chatter, but I don't hear much about Elite. I guess there's not a lot of people that remember the originals anymore. I really think it will be an amazing game. I do love a good space sim, especially the open world type. I sort of like the idea that I can head off in one direction for what amounts to an eternity and never EVER run into the "end". I think it would take something like 13,000 years to visit every star in that game if you visited one every second.

I had just about given up on there ever being a sequel, and almost reinstalled Starlancer. I'm sort of glad I didn't now.

Great to meet you guys!

Ceo
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Elites good? I've been looking at that with interest, but like so many others here, I have so much money invested already in Star Citizen that I've not been able to follow it seriously.

The first game I played online was Freelancer. I remember the very very first person I actually met on there was a Hungarian who's English was terrible and he joined the server called **UK SERVER** because he wanted to practice English. I'm still friends with that guy and we've visted each other quite a few times. Without that game I think I'd be at a totally different place in life right now.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

ceolon wrote: I guess there's not a lot of people that remember the originals anymore.
Ha, I remember dying a lot trying to land on those space stations. Me and my friend played it sometimes after school.
(meaning: one plays, the other watches, not online or so.) We were pretty bad/young and I dont think we ever really played the game, just fooled around and died...we had no manual (or internet), so we actually had no clue how to play it.

Not sure if I mix up the times/dates, but my friends first PC had no hard driver either, couldnt really save any game we played "together" back then. 8)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

d3sl91 wrote:Hey,

Name is Ethan, I'm 23 and based in Portland, Oregon. I've been playing (and preferring) battlefield since playing single-player 1942/Vietnam (remember the combo pack that had like 30 disks?) into the wee hours after it was released. Didn't have internet at the time. Well, we did have dial-up, that I managed to get shared across the network whenever the parental units would go online.

D3SL91 Pronounced "diesel". D3= D3m0n SL = Slay3r 91= birth year. I used to be "d3m0nslay3r", but, that's just too long.

About Me:

Hobbies: Computers and tech, Hiking, Search and Rescue, Amateur Radio, Guns, And a bit of photography and cars.

Occupations:
1. Client Services and Product implementation. (I work from home, for a company on the east coast that develops e-learning curriculums. I teach teachers to use it, solve problems, and help develop new and better software).

2. Volunteer Search and Rescue (I learn how to search for and rescue folks that get lost in this beautiful part of the USA).

I am stoked to play with you guys - have always enjoyed team-based play, rather than lone-wolfing it, so this should be fun!
I'm waiting on the draft still, but, I hope to be able to hop on this Saturday for a few hours.
you do videos of hiking, rescuing, when shooting guns or just as part of photographing hobby?
I used to have a camera on my head too but then it took a puck to the knee.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
fruthninja

Post by fruthninja »

Hey, I'm Leon.
I'm from Germany, sorry for my bad English :)
I started with Battlefield 3 but was really bad at first, but now my skill is above average.
Beside gaming I'm a student at University, studying computer science and economics and
I love playing Basketball and going to the Gym.

this community seems very nice and I'm happy to be here :)

See you on the Battlefield
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Welcome to GC, Leon! :thumbup:
King6moh
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by King6moh »

Welcome aboard! Sign up for the draft now to get placed on an army for this campaign!

1) Click ABC Home (under the banner)

2) On the left, "Enter Draft"

3) Fill out your information

4) Fight for glory!
:thumbup:
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I have a new selfie for you all to enjoy

the end is really fµcking nigh