Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Winter_Lion

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Winter_Lion »

Hgx wrote:
fawadforlan wrote:Thanks for the suggestion Necromancer.

Btw, I actually really liked the movie The amazing spiderman. But I guess it was just because of Emma Stone. :D
^This guy knows what hes talking about.
Emma is definitely the reason to watch that movie. She translates well in any language.

BTW: Anybody who speaks a second language and works at it is a freaking hero. It's hard. Keep up the good work yall

Winter 8)
ImageImage
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Guys don't be shy, I know its the internet but still a step to good online relationship is getting to know each other better. It will be easier when we meet in RL in a couple of years.

All I know about most of you that you are either very good at BF3 or suck at it. Id like to know more and no, your Company of Heroes win ratio doesn't impress me.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

.Sup i think we need women/girls here, introduce themselves and play any game of GC has channel for it, and I think more people would apply/introduce themselves too :p :mrgreen:
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

ok, so seems none is stepping up, let me try to break the ice.

i am 26 years old. half bulgarian half greek. used to live in greece when i started GC, but move to bulgaria to study at the uni. this was almost 7.6 years ago. now i live and work here. i'm in a 3 letter american corporation in charge of business partners and mid-market clients. i love music (.sup i bought a DAC in the end)..practically i always have to have some music in the background whatever m doing. so, me and 3 other friends run this thing - http://www.thefixtape.com which is a bi-weekly music podcast with new music we like. currently we are redesigning the site so we haven't put out anything new. it used to be only music, but now it will have also reviews, videos and stuff. i have a bass guitar which still haven't learned to play...and prolly i should start really soon, if i don't want it to be smashed over my head (it was a bday present from the gf).
i also like watching movies...but recently i enjoy serials more. i also got into comics last year and i found myself reading while at work...which is noooot good! my gf likes to travel a lot, so there is indeed a good chance of meeting you guys, particularly the europeans. last, i like to play squash when i have the time and once in a while play football and go snowboarding.

so, that's pretty much about me :)
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

We have some things in common like listening to music, its on as I type and I had it on yesterday during ESL versus :P
And i also read during work, sports newspaper. :lol:
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:.Sup i think we need women/girls here, introduce themselves and play any game of GC has channel for it, and I think more people would apply/introduce themselves too :p :mrgreen:
I agree, but when applying they need to do send an Introduce Pic.

And I think that it would be a good job for me to do ofcourse. :mrgreen:
Made possible by: .Sup
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

.Sup wrote:We have some things in common like listening to music, its on as I type and I had it on yesterday during ESL versus :P
And i also read during work, sports newspaper. :lol:
hahah yeah, but for you it prolly makes more sense...while reading the walking dead...uh huu :)

so, you got ts, bf3 and music....teach me master!! :) :)
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

und3rt0w wrote:ok, so seems none is stepping up, let me try to break the ice.

i am 26 years old. half bulgarian half greek. used to live in greece when i started GC,
IM NOT ALONE!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
HOORAAYY!!
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Name's Emanuele (only my family uses that name, tough, everyone else calls me Sciabola or Scià), I'm 20 years old and I live in Italy. I'm a student, currently at the 2nd year of Biology, and I'm happy to say that I never ever regretted choosing it, 'cause it's awesome as all the fuckin' hell (for me, at least). Hobbies include Photography, Snowboarding and Videogames, of course.
I used to play guitar, but I stopped 2 years ago for lack of time, and I was the singer in a friends' band for some time. I'm now trying to create another with some other friends of like-minded music mentality.
On this topic, I can perfectly relate with Bob when he says that he always needs to have music in the background, and I recently made my first investment in music listening by buying a pair of decent headphones (60$, nothing fancy, but still a HUGE upgrade from 5$ earbuds). I can't really talk about genres I like because I listen to lots of things and I'm always open to new things, so thanks to all they guys who keep posting in music topic, lots of good stuff.
I like movies a lot, and I also made some short movies with a cultural association I'm part of.
Oh, and I really, really love travelling.

And bread crumbs.
ImageImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Here is one that couldn't be closer to heaven: I was born some 600 meters away from the Octoberfest in 1967. Thus dedicated to enter the career of an Bavarian hero I started working in the media business in the late 1990's and currently draft agreements for the biggest German TV-group ProSieben. Considering that my wife is tolerating me playing BF on Saturday evenings without grumbling too much, I guess you will agree I am to be considered happily married. When not playing BF I go scuba diving and do tabletop-roleplaying since the 80's and guess what, I love sushi!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I would never have guessed the latter sushi :P
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

BotoloLover wrote:I'm a student, currently at the 2nd year of Biology, and I'm happy to say that I never ever regretted choosing it, 'cause it's awesome as all the fuckin' hell (for me, at least).
Good to hear that, I'm probably also going to study biology. After this school year (which is already finished for me, just 9 weeks of internship left) I just have to finish 1 more year before I can start. What are you studying exactly and what direction are you going?
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

fawadforlan wrote:
BotoloLover wrote:I'm a student, currently at the 2nd year of Biology, and I'm happy to say that I never ever regretted choosing it, 'cause it's awesome as all the fuckin' hell (for me, at least).
Good to hear that, I'm probably also going to study biology. After this school year (which is already finished for me, just 9 weeks of internship left) I just have to finish 1 more year before I can start. What are you studying exactly and what direction are you going?
I don't know how the educational system works in the Netherlands, but here in Italy most Bachelor's degrees are taken on a 3-year period, and after that you may choose to get a Master's degree (2 years period), which most often includes topics from the Bachelor's degree you got, but studied in a "deeper" manner. My english is crap, so here's an example: being a normal soldier is like having a Bachelor's degree; becoming a medic, a marksman, a communication officer and so on is like having a Master's degree.

Now, Biology is insanely vast. It's a discipline that embraces life from the molecular level (Molecular Biology and Biochemistry) all the way to the analysis of ecosystems and biomes (Ecology).
That means that the Bachelor's degree course (the one I'm taking right now), is made of LOTS of different exams, but you don't delve very deep in any topic. I don't want to annoy you with the list, but practically I have one exam for each different sub-discipline that makes up Biology.
This particular perk means that, in Italy at least, don't know about other countries, a Bachelor's degree in Biology is practically useless, because you will be a "Jack of all trades, master of none". This means that a Master's degree is really, really needed, because you can choose what you like most and specialize in it, be it cloning sheeps, fighting cancer, preserving biodiversity or whatever.
To answer your second question, everything is so awesome and epic that I really don't know, but I find molecular biology (which is practically genetics) and ecology particularly fascinating.

Sorry for the lenghty post, but I needed a premise, especially since you don't know anything about Italy's educational system. If you have other questions on the matter, feel free to PM me, so I won't annoy people with posts like that. :D
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

you don't annoy me. its actually very nice to read long educational posts.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Thanks for your relpy BotoloLover!
If I'm correct here in the Netherlands the bachelor study is 4 years, in the end of the second year you have to choose which direction you want to go. After that you can get your master degree in 2 years.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private