Let's Learn More About Each Other!

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Tea-Assault »

Necromancer wrote:how do you play so well with just 4 fingers 8O
I'm flattered that you think that I play well, but srsly I do have the correct number of fingers :P
the end is really fµcking nigh
THUORN

Post by THUORN »

Hello comrades, the name is Thuorn. Im a South Floridian of Caribbean decent. Im a big MMA fan that also loves Kick Boxing. I enjoy reading and playing games. I spend WAY too much time on REDDIT. I havent watched live tv in years(exception being sports). Im constantly making terrible jokes, not offensive mind you, just really bad jokes. For instance, I love screaming "I AM DE LAWWWWW", every time I get a crazy hit or kill with the MBT-LAW. Yeah Im an idiot. LOL! I dont really know what else to write, basically if you want a soldier that will follow EVERY ORDER AS GIVEN, while singing the meow mix song... You got your man!
Fire and Blood
ZombieToof
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZombieToof »

THUORN wrote:Hello comrades, the name is Thuorn. Im a South Floridian of Caribbean decent. Im a big MMA fan that also loves Kick Boxing. I enjoy reading and playing games. I spend WAY too much time on REDDIT. I havent watched live tv in years(exception being sports). Im constantly making terrible jokes, not offensive mind you, just really bad jokes. For instance, I love screaming "I AM DE LAWWWWW", every time I get a crazy hit or kill with the MBT-LAW. Yeah Im an idiot. LOL! I dont really know what else to write, basically if you want a soldier that will follow EVERY ORDER AS GIVEN, while singing the meow mix song... You got your man!
Hi Thuorn,

you're 2 campaigns too late. We always required reps as cannon fodder for tank superiority where even old GC guys disobeyed . Man, these times are gone. Thank goflying spaghetti monster.

Welcome to GC. We will find a similar duty for you :)

ZombieToof
…I'm made of mountains, made of metal, made of whiskey, and waves! You won't believe your own breath, when the bold words finally escape your mouth. Keep your secrets hidden, till we're certain of just what we've found. Yeah, they bleed just like us, but our calling is what shapes us now. We won't be held back, won't be tied up, we won't be pinned down. Not now. Astronautalis: "Dimitri Mendeleev"
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Welcome to GC Thuorn! You'll fit right in with the crazyness going on here :thumbup:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Tea, how come you don't have an avatar?
I think the TAs owe you one.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

a flying teapot would be appropriate. :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

THUORN wrote: For instance, I love screaming "I AM DE LAWWWWW", every time I get a crazy hit or kill with the MBT-LAW.
That's funny! Welcome to GC Thuorn. Just a heads up...the MBT-LAW is not allowed this campaign due to balance issues :thumbup:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Andre_Z89

Post by Andre_Z89 »

Hi guys,

My name is Andrew, this is my first time doing GC. I saw someone post something about it on Reddit and it looked pretty awesome so I figured I'd give it a shot. I live in Florida and am currently studying for the MCAT to apply to medschool in the states so my time is a bit limited. I've been a big Battle Field fan since BC2 (my first BF game). I'm always down to meet new people and by the looks of things in this forum so far, I'm going to be meeting a lot of new people :wave: A couple of things that I like to do are read comics (huge Batman fan), mess with computers, play football (soccer), football (american football), basketball, and eat :lol: if anyone is ever on BF playing randomly and would like to play, feel free to add me on origin or let me know, I'm open to playing with ppl :)
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Welcome Andre!

Since you are up for some pubbing, hop on TeamSpeak during the week. People will gather in the BF4 channel and pub together.

Join our platoon - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/pl ... 933989359/

You can also see where people from the platoon are playing using this little thingy: http://playwithgc.herokuapp.com/

Cheers!
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
d3sl91
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by d3sl91 »

Hey,

Name is Ethan, I'm 23 and based in Portland, Oregon. I've been playing (and preferring) battlefield since playing single-player 1942/Vietnam (remember the combo pack that had like 30 disks?) into the wee hours after it was released. Didn't have internet at the time. Well, we did have dial-up, that I managed to get shared across the network whenever the parental units would go online.

D3SL91 Pronounced "diesel". D3= D3m0n SL = Slay3r 91= birth year. I used to be "d3m0nslay3r", but, that's just too long.

About Me:

Hobbies: Computers and tech, Hiking, Search and Rescue, Amateur Radio, Guns, And a bit of photography and cars.

Occupations:
1. Client Services and Product implementation. (I work from home, for a company on the east coast that develops e-learning curriculums. I teach teachers to use it, solve problems, and help develop new and better software).

2. Volunteer Search and Rescue (I learn how to search for and rescue folks that get lost in this beautiful part of the USA).

3. Founder/leader "person" for a local gaming group (nwoutlaws.com). We try to organize local LAN parties and IRL get togethers, in addition to playing online on our servers and whatnot. Funstuff!

Computer:

Image Image

CPU: 3570K Mildly OC'd
Mem: 16GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance
GPU: EVGA 780ti (Bought a 290x on release after selling a 680, and then resold it to a miner 2 weeks later for $200 profit, so I bought a 780ti - WIN.)
Mobo: Asrock Extreme4 1155.
Storage: 1x 256GB 840 EVO (OS drive) 1x 256GB Sandisk Extreme (Games) 1x 2Tb WD Black (Storage)
PSU: HX850
Sound: X-fi Titanium.
Cooling: Custom Watercool - XSPC Block, Pump, and Res. EK Fittings + Koolance QDC. 360 Rad up top.
Case: Switch 810 (love this case...)

I am stoked to play with you guys - have always enjoyed team-based play, rather than lone-wolfing it, so this should be fun!
I'm waiting on the draft still, but, I hope to be able to hop on this Saturday for a few hours.
D3SL91 | Ethan | Portland, OR
-
Home Clan: Northwest Outlaws [NWO]
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Hey there D3SL91! Welcome to GC :wave:
You really gone made me all jealous with you PC haha, hop on ts anytime and there's usually a couple of people online willing to play some games (although ts is being dodgy atm I think). Hope to see you on the battlefield soon!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Pretty nice rig! Welcome to GC! :thumbup:
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Meanwhile my skill is knowing almost all the qoutes from GTA: San Andreas. :lol:
ceolon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ceolon »

I am Ceolon. The name was a random in some game or other in the last decade or so. People call me "Ceo". Sounds like "See-oh". I'm older than most, and as such I'm a bit slower. I try to make up for it just like all old people do: I have replaced brute force with finesse and stupidity. Most often it's the latter. I'm in my mid to late 40's, so I'm not REALLY OLD, but I know I have slowed down a little since I was younger. I used to be good.

Let me see..LOOOOng story. I began online gaming in about 1992, when it was all text. MUD's, etc. In 1995 I went to work for Microsoft, and that's when I REALLY started gaming. We used to network computers after work and play Doom multi-player, then Duke Nukem, then on to LAN parties with Shadow Warrior, etc. I became a MS Core Beta Tester in about 1994 or so, tested all of the Age of Empires franchise, AC1, AC2, WoW, Starlancer/Freelancer, and many more. I've been playing one game or another online since then, and started with Battlefield at 2142.

In real life I'm a married father of 5, grandfather of 2.5 (yup, 2.5). Kids are all gone. I moved to East Tennessee about a year and a half ago...Ever see moonshiners? Yeah. There. I clearly don't fit in locally.

I'm a supervisor at a large cable company, where my responsibilities include running a team that maintains the outside plant for video, internet, and phone distribution. I've been building PC's for about 3 decades. I own my own e-cigarette business on the side with an eventual goal of quitting this daily grind and working more hours a week for less pay.

Not sure what else there is. Ask and I shall provide. I've got a picture, but It's about 4 years old, and not exactly quality. Here it is anyway.
Attachments
Ceolon.jpg
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

That is COooooooool. You've reminded me I need to bust out the copy of Starlancer I bought ages ago. I played the demo about a dozen times but never actually played the game after I bought it.