Let's learn more about each other.

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by undrt0w » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:15 am

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
und3rt0w wrote:ok, so seems none is stepping up, let me try to break the ice.

i am 26 years old. half bulgarian half greek. used to live in greece when i started GC,


IM NOT ALONE!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
HOORAAYY!!


hahah yeah! there used to be a big community of greek players in GC around the bf1942 days....really good players also. they had the greek battlefield fan site too...but i have no idea what happened to them. i used to see Davout sometimes on MSN (now skype), i will prolly ask him next time i see him online.

btw, where is your fathers netcaffe located?

sushi, i kinda grew up with Pro7....when i was a little kid the local TV was crap and i would have Pro7, RTL and such from the cable operator...and even though it was in German they had cool movies that i would watch :)
Image
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM

sushi
Executive
Executive
Posts: 4145
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Always one step ahead

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by sushi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:59 am

Yeah the world is smaller than you would think
Image

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: latest crashsite

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Jokerle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:17 am

Hi, i am Holger. Born in Germany, Recklinghausen (Ruhr area) and studied chemistry in Münster (probably the most bicycle friendly town in Germany and also the town where the (retired) Pope was once professor....oh and Chefcook lives there, too, but apparently we dont know each other)
I finished with a PhD last year in theoretical chemisty and moved to Brno, Czech republic to do more science-ish stuff as a post-doc. I have now lots of time to play video games, for which I had too less time during study. My gf stayed behind in Germany and I try to visit her once a month.

Actually i am doing now "structural biology", although my biology knowledge is kinda...ahm...lacking. I just have to compute these things, not explain their function. And also some programing in fortran (I confess, I love fortan).

Besides the hobbies science/work* and videogames, I go running and sometimes to the gym to keep myself fit, and I also play the bass guitar. Sadly I had to leave my band in Germany, we had so much fun (rock with funk & soul).

TL;DR
german dude in czech rebulic doing science-ish stuff and loves playing video games

(* you dont do science for the money....)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!

BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:54 pm
Location: Spaghettiland

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by BotoloLover » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:48 am

So you're like managing proteins' databases?
ImageImageImage

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: latest crashsite

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Jokerle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:16 am

BotoloLover wrote:So you're like managing proteins' databases?



nothing like that!
I compute the approx. wavefuntion of small RNA/DNA segments and optimize the structure on an atomic levels. Then I look and energies and structure. Classical force-fields that are used to model protein or DNA structures have lots of difficulties with non-canonical structure motifs. Using quantum chemistry (approx. the molecular wave function) I try to point out these difficulties.

Difficult to explain to people with no background on molecular modeling, is the essence I compare heavily fitting harmonic potentials (classical mechanics, aka force-fields) against quantum chemical (solve the Schrödinger equation in an approx. way) methodologies.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!

BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 197
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:54 pm
Location: Spaghettiland

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by BotoloLover » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:25 am

I got it. Not "WOAH I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD THAT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", but I got it. :D
ImageImageImage

Kuchenfari
Posts: 325
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:10 am
Location: Northeastern Bavaria, near Germany

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Kuchenfari » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am

BotoloLover wrote:I got it. Not "WOAH I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD THAT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", but I got it. :D

I agree with this statement. Yay for Quantum Physics in your final year of school! ^.^
Image

Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1986
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm
Location: latest crashsite

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Jokerle » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:33 am

Kuchenfari wrote:
BotoloLover wrote:I got it. Not "WOAH I TOTALLY UNDERSTOOD THAT IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY", but I got it. :D

I agree with this statement. Yay for Quantum Physics in your final year of school! ^.^


Do it like a scientist on a conference: Pretend you understood EVERYTHING. ( And say you know better and more, of course)

A typical scientist: Nods..."Yeah, exactly what I expected" :roll:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by undrt0w » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 am

Jokerle wrote:nothing like that!
I compute the approx. wavefuntion of small RNA/DNA segments and optimize the structure on an atomic levels. Then I look and energies and structure. Classical force-fields that are used to model protein or DNA structures have lots of difficulties with non-canonical structure motifs. Using quantum chemistry (approx. the molecular wave function) I try to point out these difficulties.

Difficult to explain to people with no background on molecular modeling, is the essence I compare heavily fitting harmonic potentials (classical mechanics, aka force-fields) against quantum chemical (solve the Schrödinger equation in an approx. way) methodologies.


Image
Image
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM

Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Posts: 1430
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Germany Niederrhein

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by Fanne » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:55 pm

sushi25 wrote:-Snip-
... When not playing BF I go scuba diving ...!


sushi spotted
Image
could not resist :P

.Sup
Executive
Executive
Posts: 6523
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Slovenia, EU

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by .Sup » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:01 pm

He is ready to find that sushi he dropped into the "pool"

:lol:
Image

sushi
Executive
Executive
Posts: 4145
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Always one step ahead

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by sushi » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:01 am

Equipment is everything, oh and Image
Image

BlooDRaptoR1
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:25 am

und3rt0w wrote:btw, where is your fathers netcaffe located?


Shhhh do not make those questions here, some people are jealous of me cuz my father owns an internet cafe >.>...
It is located at the North Macedonia, at Drama city! ;)
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Image

FisherMan9999
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:17 am
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by FisherMan9999 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:33 pm

BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
und3rt0w wrote:btw, where is your fathers netcaffe located?


Shhhh do not make those questions here, some people are jealous of me cuz my father owns an internet cafe >.>...
It is located at the North Macedonia, at Drama city! ;)

Is it near Bulgarian-Greek border?
BF3:C3-Armour(Dragoon)Corporal
BF3:C4-Armour(Anvil)Staff Sergeant/Infantry(Hammer)Corporal
BF3:C5-Armour(Yellow)Specialist
BF3:C6-Armour(Armour Column)Warrant Officer
BF4:C1-Armour(Grizzlies)1st Lieutenant
СЪ НАМИ БОГЪ !!!
GOD IS WITH US !!!

BlooDRaptoR1
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:47 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Let's learn more about each other.

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

FisherMan9999 wrote:
BlooDRaptoR1 wrote:
und3rt0w wrote:btw, where is your fathers netcaffe located?


Shhhh do not make those questions here, some people are jealous of me cuz my father owns an internet cafe >.>...
It is located at the North Macedonia, at Drama city! ;)

Is it near Bulgarian-Greek border?


Nope.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Image

Post Reply