Return of the Joe

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

YouSawNothing

Return of the Joe

Post by YouSawNothing »

I'm baaack did you miss me :twisted:

I recently built a new computer to make a return to PC gaming, currently downloading BF3 as the final test to see how far it can be pushed. And it's hard to think about battlefield without thinking of GC and the great times playing BF2, so makes me very satisfied to see GC still up and running with so many familiar names, and can't wait to get into the game with you guys.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Re: Return of the Joe

Post by madcow »

Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
alvaeo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by alvaeo »

BigJoe-Fed wrote:I'm baaack did you miss me :twisted:

I recently built a new computer to make a return to PC gaming, currently downloading BF3 as the final test to see how far it can be pushed. And it's hard to think about battlefield without thinking of GC and the great times playing BF2, so makes me very satisfied to see GC still up and running with so many familiar names, and can't wait to get into the game with you guys.
Specs? If you don't mind.. how did the build go? What kind of case are you using? i'm hoping to upgrade from a mid tower to a full tower just for the openness and freedom inside (removing, replacing hardware, airflow, wire organization etc...)
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

WB + enjoy the battles again :!:
YouSawNothing

Post by YouSawNothing »

alvaeo wrote: Specs? If you don't mind.. how did the build go? What kind of case are you using? i'm hoping to upgrade from a mid tower to a full tower just for the openness and freedom inside (removing, replacing hardware, airflow, wire organization etc...)
Processor: Intel i7 2600k 3.4 GHz
Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 2 GB
Memory: Patriot G2 series 8GB
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LE
Power Supply: Corsair TX650
Hard Drive: WD Caviar Green SATA 1TB
Case: Cooler Master - Storm Scout
CPU Fan: I ended up going a little over budget so I just have the stock CPU fan at the moment but I'm looking at one of these ZALMAN CNPS9900A

I think the build went pretty smooth for my first time took about 2 1/2 hours the only problem during assembly was that I didn't have a magnetic screwdriver and 1 screw was in a hard to reach spot. (ended up taking a half hour getting this one freaking screw in :evil: ) Then I had a stupid little thing I overlooked while buying parts, I got a HDMI cable to connect to the monitor but the graphics card only has MINI HDMI port and a DVI port so ended up running around town looking for an adapter before finding one at radio shack. I really like the case but it could use a little more room on the backside of the motherboard and couple more spots for the cables to go through.
Overall I'm very happy with and now that I got a little time in with BF3 I love how well it runs with all the settings on high and the framerate averaging around 60 and never dropped below 50 even with fraps on.
BYN124

Post by BYN124 »

SHIIIITTT! Nice build! I'd only not go with the ZALMANN proc cooler.

I'd go with the GELID Tranquillo, it has more cooling power and in a more quiet manner.

Check out here http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/2360/za ... ler-review

It's in dutch though. Just check out the graphs at starting at number 4. Most of the terms are pretty universal so its easy to understand for everyone ;)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Google translate does a pretty good job of it (love chrome for translating pages :D).