Inspiration for the new guy

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

V_

Inspiration for the new guy

Post by V_ »

Hey, what's up Correspondents? I just wanted to let you all know that I have recently been inducted into your ranks by .Sup. Since I'm the new guy on the block, I just wanted to ask how things work around here, as well as if you had any ideas/inspiration for something I could write. Thanks!

--BlackIce999
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Inspiration for the new guy

Post by .Sup »

Welcome B. Try to make a summary of yesterday's battles, like a field report for a newspaper.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Flash, Blacky, can one of you or both of you make a final article about the campaign ending? I think it would be an interesting article.
V_

Post by V_ »

Well, I did the last one - I'm sure the public would rather have us switch off or something. But if Flash is busy or something, I'll probably have some time to do it.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

I admit that I am very busy with final exams, so I'm afraid it falls to you to write the final article. I believe Shrapnel wrote a similar article for BF3C1's end, which had some nice elements - but otherwise, you've read my previous articles and have already written one yourself so I hope it won't take up too much of your time.
V_

Post by V_ »

Sure, it's no problem. I'm not 100% sure when I can have it by, but I'll start working on it. I'll use .Sup's for inspiration. Do you want it from a news reporter view again? Or something new this time?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

BlackIce999 wrote:Sure, it's no problem. I'm not 100% sure when I can have it by, but I'll start working on it. I'll use .Sup's for inspiration. Do you want it from a news reporter view again? Or something new this time?
Let it still be a story/final report from that particular warzone/conflict, you can go emotional but still must be neutral so you don't emphasize one side over the other.
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

A short(er) article about the cessation of hostilities, maybe adopt an optimistic tone for the future and the rebuilding process... those are my suggestions. If you come up with something different or had something else in mind, go for it.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Definitely make it shorter than the last time, I was provided with some nice screenshots which I will use in the article.
V_

Post by V_ »

Question: Should the C2 wrap-up even be printed, now that gears are switching into C3? And what kind of stuff is going to be done to set up C3 (though I suppose we can't do anything until themes and armies are announced)?
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

On the C3 stuff, your guess is as good as mine. Regarding the C2 end, I think we should publish it. It'll keep things rolling and remind people that it's not down-time so much as a temporary pause between one campaign and another.

EDIT: Hit up Rob for some information, looks like C3 is gonna be full-on global. Looks like a Risk board in almost every way. Perhaps throw a suggestion of global instability into that C2-end article?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

BlackIce999 wrote:Question: Should the C2 wrap-up even be printed, now that gears are switching into C3? And what kind of stuff is going to be done to set up C3 (though I suppose we can't do anything until themes and armies are announced)?
Definitely. Don't mention C3 at all. Concentrate on C2 one last time.
V_

Post by V_ »

Alright, so it's all written up - my seal of approval is on it. Just someone give it a once over and let me know what to fix and/or when it's set to be published.
V_

Post by V_ »

Has the back story for C3 been announced yet? We should probably start writing something up for it - at least a draft.

On a somewhat related note, I will be out of town on summer plans for the next 5 weeks. While I'll still be on the forums (probably) I won't have any time to write any articles, though I anticipate plenty of material when I get back. :)

--BlackIce
Chxrles

Post by Chxrles »

They haven't been announced but they certainly exist.