One question

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Nogoodnms

One question

Post by Nogoodnms »

Hey guys, Nogoodnms here (Shiro-Itami in game), and I just have one question.

How does Standard Battle Time work? I still don't understand, even after reading up on it. Is it my own time? Is it a designated time zone? It's very confusing...
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: One question

Post by Fields »

SBT is the actual time that our battledays begin.
You can use the countdown timer on our frontpage to figure out SBT, or set your time zone in your account profile to see the SBT in your time zone.

For me, SBT is 12:00 PM; I am in the CST time zone.

Once you've figured out what SBT is for your time zone, figuring out any SBT is simple. We typically schedule events relative to SBT (IE: SBT+X which means take SBT in your time zone and add X hours). SBT+6 would make it 6 PM my time zone, because 12:00pm + 6 hours = 6:00 pm.

I hope that clears things up. Once you figure out SBT, it will quickly become second nature to use. :mrgreen:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

SBT (Standard Battle Time) is an imaginary time zone that you relate to from your time zone. Everyone lives in a different time zone. What time zone are you in? How does it relate to GMT for you? If you set your forum time correctly, you'll see the correct time to the next battle on the main page. SBT is based on Saturday battle start time. The two Tuesday battles offset from Saturday's SBT start time.

Anyways, if I'm saying this correctly, SBT = GMT 6PM.

For me in PST in California, USA (which is GMT -8 hours) the Saturday battle starts at 10 am. Thats 6pm GMT. But when ur on TS or posting in forums its easier to say let meet at SBT +1 (which would be 11 am for me). Its a reference point for everyone to quickly understand without having calculate it out.

Edit: Damn Field beat me to it. But we basically said the same thing.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

During DST SBT = GMT/UST 5PM, which is right now.

During the winter months SBT = GMT/UST 6PM

If you live in Australia/New Zealand, good luck working it out as your DST is reversed to what we use here.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:During DST SBT = GMT/UST 5PM, which is right now.

If you live in Australia/New Zealand, good luck working it out as your DST is reversed to what we use here.
Maybe that's why we don't have any folks from Oceania playing here- they haven't figured out the time yet! :lol:
Nogoodnms

Post by Nogoodnms »

Oh... so going from what Fields said, since I live on EST, SBT would be 1:00 pm, or 13:00. And since battle last six hours, they'd end at 7:00 pm, or 19:00 pm. Thank you, guys!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

.Sup wrote:

Maybe that's why we don't have any folks from Oceania playing here- they haven't figured out the time yet! :lol:
We've had a couple.
tehman

Post by tehman »

Ash2Dust wrote:
.Sup wrote:

We've had a couple.
Their pings must have been insane 8O