new guy questions...

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

xcurlyxfriesx

new guy questions...

Post by xcurlyxfriesx »

i'm new here and am joining at the end of bf3's life cycle and was wondering whether this community continued with the previous bf titles after the new ones come out (campaigns and such). some people *cough* me *cough* may not have the money to buy bf4/upgrade their computer for it but would still like to participate
thanks- CurlyFries
C4 is da bomb (literally)
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: new guy questions...

Post by Bock »

Well, considering BF4 is at least 6 months away, make sure you've signed up so you can get assigned to an army and start partaking in the fun.
I haven't been around long enough to say whether GC has run campaigns after the next in the series has been released. And I don't have any idea what will happen with BF4's release. But I'm fairly confident that a campaign will overlap the BF4 release, so we'll still be playing BF3 for a while.

Enjoy your stay!

P.S. How much do you love Arby's?
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

That will depend how good BF4 is. There are three possibilities

1. BF4 sucks and we just keep playing BF3. This is what we did with BF2142 back in the day
2. BF4 is way better than BF3 so we all switch and just play that.
3. BF4 is okay, but doesn't have many maps, so we play a mix of BF3 and BF4

I have a feeling #3 is most likely, but that's just my guess
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Past experience will say that BF4 will suck but somehow be fun. EA marketing will lie about its release capabilities (looking at BFV, BF2, and BF3) with its bait and switch propaganda. Ultimately, BF3 was a common bond that worked consistenely to get people together once or twice a week for a good time.

Arma III brings up strong interest. BF4 may actually deliver on release what BF3 is still struggling with. Dont know.
Basically, if we have to play bingo to have a good time, we will. Its about playing with friends you know what ever game.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Did someone say BIngo?!? I have my pouch of beans right here!

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Ash2Dust wrote:Arma III brings up strong interest. BF4 may actually deliver on release what BF3 is still struggling with. Dont know.
Basically, if we have to play bingo to have a good time, we will. Its about playing with friends you know what ever game.
Holy shi- don't get my hopes up by saying that GC might switch to ARMA III !!!! Imagine the possibilities! Your own missions/scenarios, officers would have to make detailed plans, friggin amazing!

But lets get back on topic since this would need another thread :lol:

@Curly
Like Ash said, we can't tell you for sure which game will be played in the future campaigns, as there are lots of factors to take into the account, switching to another game is always a big deal and a risky one, so thorough analysis is needed and lots of meetings. But that doesn't stop you in signing up and playing with GC while we are using BF3, and even if we switch you'll make great friends and mybe play other games with them in your spare time: Red Orchestra 2, Company of Heroes, SimCity, ARMA III.... - those are just some games that our members play during the weeks.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
xcurlyxfriesx

Post by xcurlyxfriesx »

thanks for the responses. will have to get my friends joining here too :)
C4 is da bomb (literally)
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

everyone is welcome, so get your friends here as well !
About bf4, you'll see a kind of test with bf4 and GC... as far as I can see nearly all have premium bf3 and will get the beta bf4 by it and ppl at GC tend to test things...
but there is still time enough to see how GC plays, enjoy your stay.