BF4 available to play right now

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

Snookfingers

BF4 available to play right now

Post by Snookfingers »

so apparently sushi doesn't know how to research and didn't find my joke funny about fingers crossed being banned, before i posted this i went onto customer service (something sushi shouldve done before locking my thread and making it hard for people to communicate who will be playing today) and asked what was ok to do with a vpn and what wasnt.... you will receive a negative "mark" is what was told me to on your account if you use a VPN to PRELOAD outside of your region. If, however, you use a VPN to REGISTER AN ALREADY LEGAL PRELOADED game, there is no negative correlation tagged to your account.... so next time you lock a thread sushi a little research into what EA deems fit behavior would be nice before you just shut down a post that is trying to get people together to play the game we are all hear to play... doubt EA reads our forums anyways people lets be real here
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 available to play right now

Post by LoA »

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Reddit is full of screenshots of EA customers support saying its ok to unlock the game using VPN.

And im going to do it ragradless.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Snookfingers wrote:... doubt EA reads our forums anyways people lets be real here
But Obama does :lol:

Sushi was just playing safe. You cannot expect him to go into the EA customer service where you even might can get different and potentially (legally) wrong answers.
As such, VPN & preload are keywords in a text that just trigger a red flag.

edit: Several reddit posts point out that EA customer service does give different answers sometimes.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

LoA wrote:Confirmed: http://i.imgur.com/bkzgPbc.png
Hello Gary
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

Sarantini wrote:
LoA wrote:Confirmed: http://i.imgur.com/bkzgPbc.png
Hello Gary

^^ sarantini wins!! thank you sir for that very enjoyable laugh i just had
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Snookfingers wrote:so apparently sushi doesn't know how to research ....
Might be ... might also be that sushi had indeed called EA and had asked them directly. Word was that they clearly didn't chose the timeshift release to annoy their members. And while they currently do not sanction the use of VPN, they are thinking about changing their point of view on this. So as I stated in the thread I locked, GC does not endorse any behavior not supported by EA.
And this is - to make it very clear - because GC is 100% relying on EA, since we are a "Battlefield" community. What you do on your own is up to you, but GC has a clear point of view on bypassing EA's requirements. As Snookfingers posted, we are all here to play and we want this to be continuing also.

Snookfingers I sent you a PM.

Oh and this gets locked also. And I will delete any further threads on this subject without warning. Also this thread does not belong in the new recruits section.
sushi on behalf of the senate