Draft

Welcome to GC. All the information you need to get started is here!

Moderator: Executive

oneandonlynacho

Draft

Post by oneandonlynacho »

I've registered for the draft and plan on playing on Saturday. When will I find out where I've been drafted to and when is the draft?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: Draft

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Hey, Nacho! You will be placed in an army until Saturday at most. Welcome to GC! :thumbup:
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Welcome to GC! :thumbup:

You can see the army you've been assigned to by going into ABC or here: abc/index.php

Top left you will see the following: "You have been assigned to X Army. Don’t forget to check your forums for more information."
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Hey, Nacho! You will be placed in an army until Saturday at most. Welcome to GC! :thumbup:
What he mrBLUE means is that you should be placed in an army before the battle on Saturday. We have already started placing people, but haven't gotten to everyone. If you somehow got missed, just come anyway on Saturday and ask someone for help (asking any big channel, or direct messaging a TA works).

There are a lot of people that need to be placed in an army and we try to take into account skills and interests, so it takes some time.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

150 people currently in the list. Looking to get it finalised and completed tonight. Maybe.
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

With the new recruits in mind, are we going to be running both servers or will there be a waiting list of people up a few TS channels where I shall lead the "PUB STOMP CHAAAARGE" whilst squad leaders from both armies shuffle people around?
the end is really fµcking nigh
Rellik_pt

Post by Rellik_pt »

so this means "You have been entered into the draft, which is scheduled to take place on Thu 14th Apr." only then i will be on a draft, i m realy lost how the draft works when i join there was nothing like that there, and someone on reddit said yesterday or today was the draft for saturday
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Rellik_pt wrote:so this means "You have been entered into the draft, which is scheduled to take place on Thu 14th Apr." only then i will be on a draft, i m realy lost how the draft works when i join there was nothing like that there, and someone on reddit said yesterday or today was the draft for saturday
We see your name on the draft list, so you are definitely 'in'. We just need time to put you (and the 100+ other guys) into the armies.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Hi Relek. I'll provide a runthrough of what is/will be happening

1: The Tournament Administrator Group are going through all of the 150 ( :( ) signups individually and recording some basic information on each person - We accomplished this for the most part yesterday
2: We're collaborating to assign people to sides in a way which (statswise) should balance teams, as well as keep people who want to play together as a group - Hoping to accomplish this tonight \o/
3: Once we've got what we feel to be an even split, we'll mass assign people to armies. Everyone will get access to army forums. (Also hoping for doing this tonight)
4: I'll be sending out a PM to our newstarts to welcome them and provide some basic information on how we work as a community, and also how the battleday will probably be structured. Probably.

If for some reason you aren't assigned to an army on Saturday, show up on teamspeak anyway and we'll try to get you in a game :)
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Gwynzer wrote:...

If for some reason you aren't assigned to an army on Saturday, show up on teamspeak anyway and we'll try to we will get you in a game :)
ftfy
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt