Connection problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

uberscooby

Connection problems

Post by uberscooby »

For the last week I've been having some heavy problems playing BF2 on GC. Everytime I go to spawn it sez Connection problems and it takes about 30s to 2 mins to spawn in and most times I am already dead by the time I spawn.

I've defraged reinstailed bf2 and done everything I can think of to solve the issue but have failed can anyone help. Strangely it only seems to happen when I play on the GC server.

thanks
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I noticed that one of the GC servers was using the battlerecorder.. could that have something to do with it?
Hi!
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

I was thinking the problem is at my end or other people would be having the same problems.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Battle Recorder should be off on both servers. Will check on that one just to make sure.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I had similar problems on today's EUBO. I would be running around, happily giggling at all the mayhem, and then suddenly "there is a problem with your connection". It would only last a few seconds, but that's enough to really mess with your attack, lol. I noticed a thread about punkbuster updates, I wonder if that's got something to do with it
Hi!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Yeah please check if your PB is updated.
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

SIGH I've done some checking and my BF2 problems dont seem to just on GC, but doesnt seem to effect the mods as I can play POE2 and such with no problems.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Definitely give PB update a spin.
modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10620

Is your hard drive light furiously working while this happens? Some people have claimed deleting the cache files in the Battlefield2/Mods\BF2 and Xpack folder in MyDocs helps, but its never made a difference for me.
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

Yay :D it seems to have worked I havent seen any stinky connection problems warnings since updating PB thanks for the help guys :) I can play again.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Seems the pbupdate link should be stickied.
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

SIGH Grrr sigh Its back again there is a problem with your connection!!! Ive tryed so many things and for so long. Today I only managed to get one match in that wasnt plauged by tides of lag, its really no fun, but only yesterday I was playing bf2 no problems :( .
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I noticed the average lag on the NA server with 42 players today was 85. Is that higher than normal, it seems to me that it is.......... :?:

Winter :wink:
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

New PB update today.

Saw people getting PB kicked and it started causing me rubberband lag on NA server.

Updated my PB, joined the server, had a little lag while PB uploads information about my computer files. But then it was smooth after that.

modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10620