No unlocked weapons!!

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

This is a game. People try to have fun. Most said they believe they have more fun with unlocks. Someone who played twice the hours of someone else does have an advantage. With or without unlocks. How unfair! I have a job and a life and can't play as much as he does! How dare he! Someone show me someone that has zero unlocks. I'll spend time with him to get some. Everyone who bought Bf2 will have at least one, probably two. Everyone with Special Forces got plenty unlocks for free. My subjective opinion: Two is about the number of unlocks that are really useful and the rest is just decor or yes, fun, something different. Unlocks aren't the superduper powerful weapons. If you get shot by a guy with a F2000 he might as well just could have killed you with an AK47 or the US assault rifle.

The New York server will be setup to allow personal unlocks as well too. It's a simple change from 0 to 1 for one of the sv.something lines.

GC will never be able to please everybody. If unlocks ruin the fun for you in a way you can't play with us anymore so be it. I can't follow the reasons and i don't have to. We can't force people to play this or another game. We can't force people how to play it. 2142 has it's regular players right now but the Bf2 players are still there and on TS. If someone needs unlocks: organize something. A Day and Time is usually all it needs to gather people for some pubbing action. Takes some initiative and endurance but not totally impossible. If you wait for someone else to invite you to work towards unlocks i am afraid we are kinda short of people that show initiative. If someone doesn't own Special Forces. Send me your account details. I'll use them to login once and play a round. Taddaaa you will get plenty unlocks on your account. If you have SF you should have enough unlocks already. Getting unlocks is just a matter of spending too much time with Bf2. Consider yourself lucky if you don't have all of them.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

MadRat wrote:leaving because of unlocks now that would be stupid.

i'm leaving because GC does not seem to stand for fair play any more.
It might be me, but the BF2 unlocks didn't change the gameplay for me (different to BF2142). I don't see how allowing unlocks in BF 2 could be considered unfair.
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

MadRat I'm sorry and sad to see that you have taken the decision to leave :cry: But as you will see from Philors last post he is willing to help members gain some unlocks, and I agree fully with both Phil, Sushi25 and Shrapnel that most of the unlocks are improvements in respect to behavour. A Skilled player (as yourself) should be able to kill with almost any type of weapon, it's just going to be more challenging on where and when you kill the player with possibly a different weapon at his disposal.

However, it is your good right and privilage to decide what you play and if you honestly feel a change is needed then so be it. I am sure members of GC, including myself will miss your presence. Our loss will be someone elses gain. Please reconsider, or at least take a few days to really think it over. There will be lots of players both new and old who are in exactly the same situation as yourself, but they are prepared to give the campaign a chance. Come on give it a try :wink:
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

who says i'm leaving i'm not bloody leaving iv'e just become neutral

i'm gonna kill my kids the ammount damage thay've done in my name

how longs as this been going on since tuesday.

bloody hell if thier are any more posts over the last few days let

me know were they are.

cheers
busten

Post by busten »

MadRat i cant help but let you know that im laughing my ass off. I hope the ebay product did not set you back too much. let your kid know that it was wrong but hilarious.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

how do you tell a 25 year old that it was wrong.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

start swearing at him and tell him that he is 25 and that he should know how to respect people by now.
Last edited by matsif on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

You could text his mates pretending to be him and say really weird things or you could tell hims mates embarrassing things about him, fight fire with fire.
KILL to DIE
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Take him out to a nice, fancy restaurant. Order some really yummy spring rolls, plenty general tao's chicken, and a good dessert. Then, when the time comes for the bill, say you have to go to the bathroom and then text message him from your car saying it's his turn to pay :P
Hi!
Charger

Post by Charger »

MadRat wrote:how do you tell a 25 year old that it was wrong.
Treat him like a teenager and ground him. :wink:
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

I really like the idea from goggles ( just hope he has his own credit card :P )
You also could start selling his stuff on ebay to get the money back ( his PC or xbox etc.) I had a friend who ruined his parents house by having a party while they where away for holiday, after their return they emptied his room by throwing everything into a big container bin ( TV, LP's tbc ) while he was at work. Just imagine his face coming home wondering what the container is for :lol:
edit
got a bit OT

about the unlocks, I just like to see how it works with them at GC. It'll be no big advantage to me.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

They wont leave him until they think life is better outside of home.
MadRat

Post by MadRat »

i dont really care about unlockes it dont matter what weapon

i have i still spend most of the time dead.

although i do like the cylinder shot gun.
Camp2 Staff Sergeant.MadRat E.C/1st Egyptian
Camp3 :Howler (Sergeant).MadRat Simian Crusader Uber Mercenaries/Armored Ape Brigade Image
Camp4: Buttermonkey(2ndLieutenant).MadRat SCUM Raiders/Tank/Monkey
Camp5:Private.MadRat Hogan's Heroes/Baker's Sneaky Bastard's
Campaign 6 : 2nd Lieutenant.MadRat Operation: X/=SAS= Special Assault Squad
Campaign 7 : Pirate.MadRat Neutrals/Pirates
Campaign 8 : Recruit.MadRat Interpol/Recruits
Ghostly

Post by Ghostly »

Weel every thing works fine now!!!
So let's close this topic!!!
Ghostly Greetings

"knowledge is power"
mem :OZC 6gb triple channel
graph : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Power : Antec Throughpower 850 Watt
box : Antec 182 black
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

phil: unlocks are over powerd ...they are more powerfull and most importantly more accurate and they allow for simpler shooting... the thing that bothers me the most is when i try to pick up an ak and i get an g36e or L8something and when that happens with 10kits its rly annoying

and yeah unlocks are made 4 ppl who need to take shortcuts to get more kills or whatever...
mama...