Opening Ports

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hashey

Opening Ports

Post by Hashey »

Ok, i've asked around a bit, but noone seems to know so we do it here and i might get lucky.

Today a friend from WoW pm'ed me on our old guild forum saying he got into LOTRO beta and we agreed on using his account since i didn't get in. But in order to be able to play i had to open these ports:

TCP: 80, 8081, 5015, 9000, 2900, 2916

UDP: 2900-2909, 5015, 9001-9012

So ok, i thought and went into my router. Then i remembered i sucked at opening this and i never did it(or screwed my i-net up).

When im in my router screen for opening ports, i get this pic:

Now im wondering what the hell i need put in at Source IP and Destination IP.

I hope someone can help me with this.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Source, you need to put your Internet IP and then the port specified, and then for Destination you need to put your LAN IP and then the same port. To see these go to start -> run -> cmd
Type "IPConfig /all"
MrPaladin

Post by MrPaladin »

www.portforward.com

that website lists how to open ports for various router models...
Paladin - determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.
C8: MAJ Image
C7: PFC Image
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

That's where i got that pic from, but it doesnt list LOTRO.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

get a good firewall and just dmz your router :)
FiremanX

Post by FiremanX »

oh, and hashey.... read the top of the pic a line that says "allow all to pass exept those that match the following rules" also meaning that your router has been letting everything through unless it was told not to in the list...

Also you might want to check your Windows Firewall....

Fire

p.s. can you leave the source ip field blank?? that should allow all source addresses through... to specified destination ip and port.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

10.0.0.1 would be the router private IP address, but yours may be different.

The destination IP would be the private IP of the computer you want the specific ports forwarded to. Hence the IPCONFIG command on the target computer to see what address it currently has. If you're using DHCP to get an IP, that address could change every once in awhile and you may want to assign an address manually so it doesnt change and therefore dont have to update the port forwarding.

Its a pain to enter each address individually. Is there a section (maybe in Advanced Settings?) on your router that will allow entering ranges? 9001-9012,etc. Some routers will have an 'applications' or 'virtual server' section that allows ranges to be set.

Dont check that enable box in the "inbound filter" section. You only want to check the enable box listed by each port forward as shown in the example.
Instanz

Post by Instanz »

So hallo,
ich hätte da gern mal eine Frage, seit dem ich hier bei GC bin passiert es mir öfters das ich von dem Europa Server fliege und das mehr mals hintereinander, könnte mir bitte jemand helfen voran das liegen kann?
Er wird mir dann auch immer Rot angezeigt und irgendwann schaffe ich gar nicht mehr auf den Server, denn sobald ich Joine flieg ich wieder.

Was ich schon gemacht habe:

XP neu installiert
Battlefield2 neu installiert
Patch 1.41 neu installiert

P.S.: Bitte wenn es geht die antworten in Deutsch da ich leider kein English spreche!

Schon mal im Voraus danke schön!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Can we get a translation?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

He keeps getting disconnected from the euro server.

Mh. Hast Du mal probiert Punkbuster zu aktualisieren? www.evenbalance.com gibt es nen programm dafür. Dann. Passiert das bei allen maps oder ist es dir bisher nur bei custom maps so ergangen?

Oh und bitte mach einen neuen thread für dein Anliegen. Merci.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!