shoutbox

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

shoutbox

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'm having webpage load issues lately with the GC site. Seems to be long delays and timeouts with shoutbox.php causing things to grind to a halt.

It may be temporarily, but is anyone else seeing it lately?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I just thought it was problems with my works net access. But yea, I'm getting it as well.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

We've got a better version of the shoutbox available called YShout, but we haven't apparently been able to get it uploaded onto this site yet. We're waiting for Phil :)
Hi!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

If the current box is causing problems I can take it down no problem.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Goggles wrote:We've got a better version of the shoutbox available called YShout, but we haven't apparently been able to get it uploaded onto this site yet. We're waiting for Phil :)
Oh....Oh.........Where are the files you want to upload to the site, Goggles? If Phil is too busy to get to it soon, I can do it.

I am not stepping on his toes here........He is a very busy man and I don't mind helping him out when his time gets thin........besides we have worked together on a few projects similar to this one already.

If the application involves editing php documents, he may be waiting for our new software..........our current index and config files are so patched up, they are more patch than file now. Some applications just won't run in those conditions and he may be holding off for that reason.

Just my guess and not the end all answer of course, guys.

btw: I havn't noticed any slowdown or laggy forum pages at all, it should affect us all the same as the shoutbox is on every page on our site cept the homepage..........hmmmmmmm :?

Winter 8)
ImageImage
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

erm. if anyone is waiting for me. where is the pm telling me just that? I sent the yshout files to dg1 by mail and he should be able to upload them. Whats missing?

I wouldn't blame the shoutbox alone. the shockwave clock adds lag too. I use Adblock Extension for Firefox to prevent it from getting rendered and helps me a little.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'm in no position to say what is causing the delay. I'm using IE7 whith phishing off, pop-up on.

Shoutbox seemed to be accessed several times as the page was loaded. Usually the file name at the bottom is the one you're waiting on. shoutbox.php is the only one that stays long enough to read.

Today accessing the webpage is quicker, I only see the shoutbox.php file name (3 or 4 times) for a second or less while accessing a page.

EDIT:
Spoke too soon, I've just had a couple
Error 500 - Internal server error
An internal server error has occured!
Please try again later.
while accessing the main page. Maybe its a server issue (could be me) and shoutbox gets blamed because its accessed so much.