.Sup
Executive
Executive

Key not valid

Post by .Sup »

E1ghth try this:

1.Goto START menu select RUN
2.type 'regedit' and hit enter
3.Navigate down the menu Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Electronic Arts -> EA Games -> Battlefield 2 - ergc
4.Double-click the Default file in that ergc folder to edit the data string (delete any characters that are present)
5.Type "x9392" followed immediately (without spaces) your product activation code in CAPITAL letters. Do not type any hypens or spaces. Hit Ok and exit regedit.
6.e.g. x9392AB74GYVNTZ6JL23GFR45 (these are just random characters - don't use it!)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Shouldn't work. As far as I know the cdkey stored in the regestry is encrypted. That means when you enter the unencrypted key and the program decryption key it will come out wrong. To put the correct key in re-install the program.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I'm curious about if it works or not :)

Standard disclaimer that should be added whenever you mention regedit.exe -- make sure to be careful when dealing with the registry - mistakes can cause some pretty unpleasant side effects :S
Hi!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Save the original file somewhere safe, just don't forget where :lol:

If u have 2 PC accounts, try logging into the other one and play BF2 on it, because the game will let you play only on 1 PC account. That's the problem I had :P
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General