Your Connection to the Server has been lost.

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Gravis

Post by Gravis »

it's not just in BF2 though :(

It happens randomly....

I have replaced the processor and heatsink, and added more ram, next is the power supply (i suspect its going)

But im lost lol
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Ok, well, I had to set my DDR RAM to 1T, but I also put it on 400mhz, which for somereason it was not set at, and it seems to have solved my problem with only a minor loss of 30% overall performace :P, I can't wait till ea fixes this so I can set my ram back to normal.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, my solution seems to be in vain, and my worst fears have come true, for it seems not to be either EA or Punkbuster, infact, the only good news is that I've narrowed down what servers kick me, and that is *sniff* servers that contain the words www.global-conflict.org, yes, after a few tests, it would seem I can quite easily play on many other ranked/non-ranked, punk or non punk busting servers, but always experience a connection lost error after 5-10 minutes of play on the GC server :cry:
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Well, now, more news, I think my problems may be the weather, it would seem i am being bamboozled by multiple thunderstorms, and it already is frilling up my cable, I couldnt watch the simpsons last night :cry: or futurama :cry: and we are suppose to get another one again tonight :cry: once again i get to spend a night with my terrified dog trying to dig his way into my hardwood floor.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

OK WTF, I CAN PLAY ON ANY SERVER EXCEPT THE =GC= Server!!! Can someone please check to see if I am banned, or being kicked, or anything, or maybe I'm not using the same punkbuster or patch or something?! This is really making me angry! Tonight I just played on ECGN, and EA ranked + punkbuster servers for hours, and not a problem, I join GC server and Im disconnected in less then 10 minutes! I then went back to playing on the other servers, again with no troubles, come back to GC server, and once again disconnected! Help me! I'm sick of spending my nights listening to people talk about the action on TS!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Help Me! I've never felt like such a n00b before in my life! I've resorted to constantly replying to my own topic in a desperate attempt to reach those who arnt there!
Smacklug

Post by Smacklug »

DIE CAPITALIST PIG.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

I can only respond with, sorry lol

I have new clue what to tell you. It really sucks that only our server doesn't like you.
tripleX

Post by tripleX »

well there's some info in this forum about EA's tech support help for BF2. YOu can find some instructions on how to download a networking troubleshooting program and run a traceroute. IT's fairly simple to do even if are computer & network illiterate. It will tell you if you have dropped packets and hopefully where along the network connection to GC that it occurs.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

DG, I will try and hopp on the Server after work and try to figure out if I can access any "baned players" folders. I am not sure íf there is such a folder/utility. I will let you know of the results asap.

Keep the faith, bro!
Rickey

Post by Rickey »

I was playing the server with him the other day, he's not being kicked, his connection to the server is being dropped, and it appears far more frequent than every 10 minutes (at least while I was there), it was more like every 2-3 minutes he would get disconnected.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Thanks sushi, and yes, rickey is right, it is more like 2-3 minutes, before this I had the problem of getting dissconnected anywhere from 10-30 minutes from every server, but I fixed that by adjusting my ram, however, my disconnection troubles happen in a much different way then my previous problems, before, I would experience lag, then get disconnected, with GC everything just freezes for a minute, then the sound stops, and I'm either sent back to the server browser, or, after multiple disconnects, my screen goes black and I have to restart.
Reaper13

Post by Reaper13 »

I am having connection problems as well, with seems every bf2 server. I fully reinstalled windows, and even got a new connection (5000 down / 500up). It must be hardware. I dont get kicked, just periodic connection problem mesages, and frequent very choppy play. (almost unplayable)Plays fine in SP.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Hm... I understand you only get the "there is a problem with your connection" message without getting booted back to the Multiplayer menu. (You should be gratefull for that to start with :wink: )

You might want to try to disable that ingame voice feature since this seems to cause problems on some computers.
Reaper13

Post by Reaper13 »

I turned off the windows firewall, kept norton firewall, and set router to DMZ, its better but not great. I will work on setting the open ports on the router to what the EA support says. Shouldnt be necessary, other games work fine without all this messing around