Guide to Teamspeak SL config

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Dax_inside

Guide to Teamspeak SL config

Post by Dax_inside »

Hi all,

I decided to make this quick guide to help our new members set up their TS so that they can become squad leaders if need be. I suggest that everyone who may be needed to play as SL set up their TS correctly so that they can switch to SL with the minimum amount of fuss. Its very simple to do but not easy to explain during a match! You only have to do it once.

assuming you already have TS running....
1: Click the 'settings' tab on the command bar, and then 'key settings'.

2: In the new window that has come up, click 'Add'.

3: Highlight 'Whisper to', followed by 'Chan. Commander', followed by 'In Channel Family'. It should look like this:

4: Click the left most 'SET' button. This will allow you to assign a button to chat in the command channel. I use the 'f' button, but make sure you change the bf2 controls if you do as 'f' changes your weapon in game :)

5: Click 'OK' to finish.

6: Finally, click the 'Self' tab at the top in the main TS window and click 'channel commander'.

This will now mean you can hear everyone that has set up their TS like you have done. You will now hear the High Commanders orders aswell as your own squads requests. It can be tough to get used to hearing more than one voice at a time but just ask your squad to be quiet when needed and they should do so. Click 'Self' then channel commander again to turn it off.

Good luck and happy fragging.

EDIT:
One small addition

To be able to make yourself Channel Commander you need to have the correct flags for the channel(s) ( CA ). Request from someone with SA flags to get CA flags for the channels you need it. Beeing registered with the Server makes the permissions you received permanent. Which saves everyone quite some work so please register with the Teamspeak Server.
Last edited by Dax_inside on Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Way to go, thanks for the guide!!
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

no problem, hopefully it will save people making the same mistake i did when i was speaking to the HC on both sides :P i felt rather stupid that night :( :oops: 8)

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

One small addition

To be able to make yourself Channel Commander you need to have the correct flags for the channel(s) ( CA ). Request from someone with SA flags to get CA flags for the channels you need it. Beeing registered with the Server makes the permissions you received permanent. Which saves everyone quite some work so please register with the Teamspeak Server.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

it will save people making the same mistake i did when i was speaking to the HC on both sides
happend to me as well, I felt sooo :oops: :oops: and never used it again....

thx for the set up guide :!:
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Dax_inside wrote:no problem, hopefully it will save people making the same mistake i did when i was speaking to the HC on both sides :P i felt rather stupid that night :( :oops: 8)
Well, that maybe doesnt beat my stupidity. I think I SL on two full battle before realizing that the other chan commander didnt hear me. I was thinking that you only needed to be Channel Commander to speak to them, I had no key set to whisper to chan commander lol :lol: But that was on BF2 Campaign 2, was still new with GC and TS :P At least I could hear the HC order so that didnt caused any prob...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

StarLord wrote:
Dax_inside wrote:no problem, hopefully it will save people making the same mistake i did when i was speaking to the HC on both sides :P i felt rather stupid that night :( :oops: 8)
Well, that maybe doesnt beat my stupidity. I think I SL on two full battle before realizing that the other chan commander didnt hear me. I was thinking that you only needed to be Channel Commander to speak to them, I had no key set to whisper to chan commander lol :lol: But that was on BF2 Campaign 2, was still new with GC and TS :P At least I could hear the HC order so that didnt caused any prob...

LOL!!!!!

i feel better about myself now :)

Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I once spent four hours in battle, dutifully keying my mic and answering any orders sent my way, warning my team mates of AT ambushes and generally leading the way with my mouth. lol.

After a few hours I was feeling totally ignored by everyone involved and peed off to be sure. It seems that I had taken someones advice on moving my mic switch and had done it just before battle. I then got excited in the heat of battle and forgot that I did that. OMG~

I learned to never change my controls without lots of practice time before having to use it for real. I moved the mic switch back and never thought about changing it again.

Submitted for your humorous perusual. It takes a guy comfortable with his street creds to admit to such a boner.............But it was funny, just not that day!!!

Thanks for the TS tips bro. It was a needful thing for sure.

Winter :D
ImageImage
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Sssshhh. I stole the following from another site - just don't tell them and we be ok. Anywho, I though it would be useful.

Teamspeak
WHAT’S CHANNEL COMMANDER

Channel commander is a special feature in TS (teamspeak) that allows people from one channel to communicate with other channels. It's mostly used by Company captains and Divisional Head Quarters so they can talk to each other even being in different channels. Channel Commander is a feature available only to people with Channel Admin rights.

USING CHANNEL COMMANDER

In order to use Channel Commander you need Channel Admin rights. If you already have the rights go on the top menu and choose "self" then select "channel commander":

Once you've done that, the green light next to your name will turn into a red one, that means you have channel commander activated. You're now able to listen to other channel commanders.

For being able to talk with other channels you must set up keys to do that (it’s called key binding). Go on "settings", then choose "key settings":

Click the "Add" button:

Click on "set" and push the key you want to perform the action, you can work with key combinations as well:

After that, you need to select which action you want to perform when that key is used, you can set it to whisper (talk), to toggle (switch on and off), bind and set volume (change your volume to +10% or -10%).

For talk with other channels, choose "whisper", that will open another set of options. Here the most common used options are "chan. commander" or "channel list":

Here's a little explanation on each option:

Chan. commander – All -- Talk with all channel commanders in the server.

Chan. commander - In sub Channel -- Talk with all channel commanders in the sub channels of the current channel you're in.

Chan. commander - In own channel -- Talk with all channel commanders in your channel, usefull when you don't want the other people on the channels to listen what you're saying.

Chan. commander - In channel family -- Talk with all channel commanders in your channel family, that means you're goin to be listened by all channel commanders in all the rooms of the "father channel" you're in. For example,if you're in the channel "7th hussars" that is a sub channel of "8th Army", you'll be heard by every channel commanders of the "8th Army" channel and sub channels (company commanders and HQ).

Player List - Player you choose in the list -- Used to talk with a specific player on the server.

Channel List - Channel you choose on the list -- You use this to talk only with a specific channel from the server:

For using this last option, follow these steps:

Select "whisper to", then select "channel list":

Choose the channel you want on the list at "channel to add" click "add", select the channel, click "OK" and you're done:

Now when you use the key you've set, you'll be heard by channel commanders of that channel only.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

hehe i did that last saturday :oops: but then fixed it, and it works great now :)
Morph
MrPaladin

Post by MrPaladin »

umm I donno about anyone else, but the first two pictures are of a car repair :/
Paladin - determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.
C8: MAJ Image
C7: PFC Image
adoe

Post by adoe »

lol guess the pic-names picked are not very unique :D
Airborne 4 life
C8 : Rec - Pvt - Pfc - Lcp - Cpl - Sgt - Ssg
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Yep.... 1.jpg and 2.jpg :)
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

haha i noticed, but i thought they were a joke, or something :)
Morph
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Good thing it's on The Wiki ;)