More PB Problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

tiberian_rebel

More PB Problems

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I was playing POE2, after having successfully bypassed the problems with not having my BF2 CD. Then I was disconnected by PB with a message saying.
Restriction: Corrupted File/Memory [81156]
Can someone help?
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Have you manually update PB?
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I tried that and I'm about to try it.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

That didn't work. I think it's because I replaced some files to bypass the problems stemming from the loss of my CD for BF2. Using some files given to me by an anonymous source, I was able to start BF2 without the discs. However, I think PB has detected this and is currently screwing me over. Any advice on how to solve this?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

If you are using a 'cracked' or 'fixed' exe then PB will detect that.

If you're using a CD emulator and havent touch any of the BF2 files, then PB wont look for or detect that.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I replaced the exe and the coredll file, so I guess that PB would detect that. I'm not really sure how to use the CD emulator. But, I did make backups of teh original files.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Yah, pb will detect that. You'll prolly have to get someone on TS to walk you thru installing daemon tools and a mini image.
Andi

Post by Andi »

i tell you what i have done to not waste time in always changing cds for my games.
first you need a tool for creating a virtual dvd-drive.
use "alcohol 120%" or "daemon tools". google for them. daemon is freeware i think, alcohol is not.
when you installed it, you can set a number of virtual devices in the options menu. create one of them.
go to gamecopyworld.com, search for a "fixed image" and download this mini-image. unrar it to someplace. then you can use daemon to load this image in your virtual dvd drive. et voila!

i think this way is legal, since you have bought bf2.

if you have any questions or problems, we can do this step by step via teamspeak.
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Therein lies my other problem. In the past few weeks while I haven't been playing BF2, my mic has cut out, and I haven't had a chance to replace it. So trying to explain the process to me via TS would be difficult. But, I will try D-tools.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I'm about to smash my computer. When my comuter made backup files, the only thing it saved in the mods folder was the xpack. All the other files are gone. Can someone send me the files for BF2?
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I'm about to smash my computer. When my comuter made backup files, the only thing it saved in the mods folder was the xpack. All the other files are gone. Can someone send me the files for BF2?
Sure,

Which files do you want? Or which folders?

Winter :D
ImageImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Taking the same anonymous source's advice I downloaded a torrent file of BF2. Unfortunately, I do not known what to do with a .iso file. Help please?
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Well...just burn it with some proggy.
I presume You are using Nero , so just start the proggy ---> Recorder ---> Burn image ----> find the file on your pc and voila.
Another way is , that You just mount the .iso in Deamon tools and install.

Btw... interesting number of posts You got there [666] :twisted:
Not to mention , today is friday the 13th ... hmz

:D
Charger

Post by Charger »

PinkAss wrote:Btw... interesting number of posts You got there [666] :twisted:
Not to mention , today is friday the 13th ... hmz

:D
Yeah, if you print his post and hold it up to a mirror in a dark room, it turns red and says..."Tiberian's the Devil, Tiberian's the Devil" :P
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I plan on blowing some stuff up tonight :twisted: . Until Victory Always.
Moving away from the fact that I bear the mark of the beast, I tried mounting the iso file in D-tools. Ran the file; got an error message
can not load lexicon files- support/english/english_autorun.utxt.
Don't know what to do now. And, no, I don't have Nero.

edit: I just realized that the first song I heard this morning on my favorite radio station was Iron Maiden, "The Number of the Beast." Be afraid, be very afraid.