Using firefox How to delete IE?(resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Stonie
Executive
Executive

Using firefox How to delete IE?(resolved)

Post by Stonie »

I am using Firefox, now.

How do I delete Internet explorer?
Cant find it in the software section.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

you shouldnt have to stonie, just set firefox as default internet program, which should come up the first time you run it, or it is in the Tools: Options: General settings area
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

If you remove Internet Explorer, Microsoft secret agents will remove you.
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: Using firefox How to delete IE?

Post by Goggles »

PrivatStonie wrote:I am using Firefox, now.

How do I delete Internet explorer?
Cant find it in the software section.
Start Menu > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
(switch the control panel to classic view to find it easily)

It'll be in one of two places in Add/Remove Programs. Either in the list given (called "Change or Remove Programs") or in the tab under it called "Add/Remove Windows Components".

Should be straight forward from there :)
Hi!
MizCleo

Post by MizCleo »

if i were you man, i wouldn't delete IE.

as much as IE sucks, there's certain things Firefox can't do because most/all internet pages are geared towards IE. Just set Firefox do your default, and take it from there.
BFE #1 | BFE #2 | WGO #1 | GC #1 | GC # 2 | GC # 3 | GC # 4
Charger

Post by Charger »

MizCleo's right. There's some websites (mostly paying bills online) that only use IE. Have you tried IE 7 yet?
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Just make Firefox 2.0 your default browser. Deleting Internet Explorer causes more harm than good there are plenty of things that depend on it. Not talking about awful coded websites, i can't remember running into one that didn't work with Firefox for me the past 12 months. They are there but parts of Windows Help etc. relies on Internet Explorer for example.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Andi

Post by Andi »

ph1l0r wrote:They are there but parts of Windows Help etc. relies on Internet Explorer for example.

And the windows update only works with ie! you have to keep it, if you want to have your machine up to date.
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

ph1l0r wrote:Just make Firefox 2.0 your default browser. Deleting Internet Explorer causes more harm than good there are plenty of things that depend on it. Not talking about awful coded websites, i can't remember running into one that didn't work with Firefox for me the past 12 months. They are there but parts of Windows Help etc. relies on Internet Explorer for example.
Uninstalling Internet Explorer doesn't actually uninstall anything. It just removes the shortcuts to it in the start menu. The Windows shell and IE are so tightly integrated that you can't really get rid of IE completely.

So, as everyone else has recommended, you should probably leave it alone.

Also, IE 7, ewwww. MS is trying to be more Mac-like with its UIs, and it's not an improvement, IMO.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Thank you all for the feedback.

Using Firefox, stiil this keeps popping up in IE.

http://antispyweb.net/?aff=242
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

PrivatStonie wrote:Thank you all for the feedback.

Using Firefox, stiil this keeps popping up in IE.

http://antispyweb.net/?aff=242
Go to your software removal tab in control panel and go to permissions page. Tell Windows what browser is the default one and which browsers have permission to access the internet..........Done.

Winter :D
ImageImage