My computer and me

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

DaRkAcE

My computer and me

Post by DaRkAcE »

Well after a little over two years my computer decided it would take a crap and stop working. After about two days of talking with people and buy stuff we have narrowed it down to the mobo. Which I am currently not going to replace. I probably won't be able to play for a month or two depending on how quick I get enough money to buy a new computer.

So, I'm going to give my officer spot up to Lister who will be able to play for you guys since I won't. I'll still be on the forums and everything, since I have my mothers laptop(which no way in hell will be able to play BF2.) I wish you guys good luck and kick some ass for me.
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Sorry to hear about that. :( Darn, I was looking forward to seeing your kills be for my team. :lol:
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

good luck, and hurry with that computer!!!
Morph
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Good news. I found out I have a $1300 CD(Certificate of Deposit). With $200 in the bank. Hopefully, I'll be able to order a new computer tomorrow and have it here before Saturday(wouldn't that be sick). Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated.
Kevanova2005

Post by Kevanova2005 »

Woot !
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Good to hear :D :D
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

awesome news!!!! :D
Morph
recon35

Post by recon35 »

That was a close one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
Charger

Post by Charger »

DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Good news and bad news. Good news first. I have enough money for a new computer. Bad news, My mom wants me to replace the mobo(which they don't make anymore).
recon35

Post by recon35 »

Hey Dark.....maybe you can save some money by just replacing your mobo with a new one and CPU?
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

I have a BTX Case. And to do that I would also have to replace the Graphics card because it would bottle neck my CPU. And I would have to buy new ram because the one I have is DDR 400(Yes its ddr400). And after all that is done I would need a new Power Supply.

So in turn upgrading one thing would lead to a whole new computer.
recon35

Post by recon35 »

I feel for you Dark. I replaced everything except my mobo and CPU 6 months ago. I plan on building another computer first part of next year when my raise goes into effect. I hope your situation gets better the next couple of days.
FiremanX

Post by FiremanX »

Sorry to hear that Dark...

One question - how is it your mom knows what to replace...???
Mine would ask "whats broke?" and then I would waffle something down the line of "the transistor coupling of the hypertransport connector has damaged the main integral part of the processor actuator and in the process caused an overload in the north- and southbridge chips that connect the bus system with most of the periferal components. With this it is not possible to salvage any of the remaining components of the computer system - they are all fried......"

Need to buy a whole new computer then...

No Problem...

Fire
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

FiremanX wrote:Sorry to hear that Dark...

One question - how is it your mom knows what to replace...???
Mine would ask "whats broke?" and then I would waffle something down the line of "the transistor coupling of the hypertransport connector has damaged the main integral part of the processor actuator and in the process caused an overload in the north- and southbridge chips that connect the bus system with most of the periferal components. With this it is not possible to salvage any of the remaining components of the computer system - they are all fried......"

Need to buy a whole new computer then...

No Problem...

Fire

Lol, awesome Fireman. That would certainly work with my mom, but not with my dad haha.