Apple time casule and office docs problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

Apple time casule and office docs problems

Post by sushi »

I am unable to open/save excel/word files that I saved on my timecapsule. I am able to get them copied to my local harddrive and also copy files back to the capsule from there.

Files on the capsule show write-protection activated when I check the settings. A fact that did not hinder me to overwrite a file of a file of a save copy that I made on a CD-ROM.

When trying to open an excel-file I get an error message, stating that not enough harddiskspace or RAM is available. Both is not the case. (having checked the task manager and the diskspaces).

Any Ideas?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I have never touched a time capsule.

Try it on another computer that has the latest Excel installed or the free Excel Viewer 2003 from MS?

Only thing I can think of about out of space error is its trying to use the free space on the capsule as workspace. Restore the file and unplug the capsule.

Also try starting up Excel then open the spreadsheet from within Excel.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

I'm not sure I can help you with an ongoing problem as I'm not an apple kinda person :roll: and have no idea what a 'timecapsule' is, but if you really need to access the files you may want to dl and use 'openoffice' http://www.openoffice.org. It will open and manipulate Excel files and is close enough to Excel in function that you'll be able to use it intuitively.