terrible ping spikes in bf2

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

terrible ping spikes in bf2

Post by matsif »

well, I got vanilla installed and was pubbing around and noticed that I'm getting these disgusting ping spikes that are making the game pretty much unplayable. havent tried playing on my desktop yet with the new patch, this is on my lappy which is running windows 7 RC1 and has much better specs than my desktop, which I find weird. also, I've made sure that all other internet-using devices in my house are off, including wii, xbox, and the other computers and my brother's ipod touch.

I know that my internet at my house isnt the best, but this never happened with my desktop (which I also ran off wireless). anyone get similar problems after the patch or with windows 7?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Donkey_Strike

Re: terrible ping spikes in bf2

Post by Donkey_Strike »

I had the same problem with another online game while using a wireless connection to my desktop. The solution to my problem was to disable Wireless Zero Configuration. Don't know if that will help I do have XP and not Windows 7.

did a quick google search: Wireless Zero Configuration is called wlan autoconfig in Windows 7
Colts

Post by Colts »

yeah same here! and i also fixed it with Wireless Zero...

but i´m also still on xp
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

when I disabled the wlan autoconfig, it screwed up my wireless connection and I had to do system restore to get my wireless back up and running. for the time being, I took over the direct ethernet connection to my router which has solved the problem.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »