md5 tool mismatch with pr

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tsumetai_Ryujin

md5 tool mismatch with pr

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

what do you have to do to not get kicked from servers every five minutes for MD5 tool mismatch? it's driving me mad!! :(

(i get that only in PR)
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Re: md5 tool mismatch with pr

Post by ph1l0r »

new issue, new thread (and me wanting to try the moderator stuff. hope you don't mind) :) seems unlikely to be a windows 7 problem. the pr forums give no answer?
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Nope... well, actually it did... but it doesn't work...

But I kinda found the solution... kinda... I run PR now from exactly pr.exe instead of shortcuts. BUT... new problem arose... since I'm starting from pr.exe i get BSOD a lot...

And one more thing... relatively related...

If you (anyone reading this) don't have ground textures (ground is invisible, you don't see any ground) open up task manager and end process dwm.exe ... after that you will have textures... but no aero theme... and I don't know how to get aero theme back after ending the process (when I'm finished with playing)... i manually run dwm.exe but nothing gappenes...
btw missing ground textures problem appears only on win7

Ofc I don't mind you moderating ^^ ty...
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

pb updated?
Tsumetai_Ryujin

ofc
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

The texture issue could be a driver problem. Latest drivers installed?
Tsumetai_Ryujin

ofc

Everyone on net is writing that textures are ATI exclusively problem, but I have nVidia 8800GTS G92, so that theory doesn't stand.

I tried reinstalling everything except wins... :\ so other solution from ending dwm.exe process, I don't see... and that wouldn't be so bad if I knew how to get it back running again. (except restarting my PC)

But currently I'm more concerned about BSOD :O
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I'd do a memory test
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote: If you (anyone reading this) don't have ground textures (ground is invisible, you don't see any ground) open up task manager and end process dwm.exe ... after that you will have textures... but no aero theme... and I don't know how to get aero theme back after ending the process (when I'm finished with playing)... i manually run dwm.exe but nothing gappenes...
To get the Aero Theme running again, try:

1. <WinKey> + R -- this loads the "Run" function
2. Type "services.msc" and hit OK (or enter)
3. Scroll to the "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" service and highlight it (left-click it).
..(a) If it's in the "running" state: restart it. There's a "restart service" button at the top, or you can right-click > restart
..(b) If it's in the "stopped" state: start it. Same as restart, but it's called "start" :P
5. Enjoy the return of translucency!

-- -- -- -- --

For the md5 mismatch tool error... have you tried updating your punkbuster data? Also, don't forget to turn off your 1337 haxxors!
Hi!
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I love you goggles ^^... Now I can get my aero theme back when finished with playing ^^
Other than running pbsetup, I have done nothing... is there even any other way of updating it? or the "data"?

How do I do a memory test? is that "Windows Memory Diagnostic" in administrative tools?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Updating PB is always good, I end up running pbsetup once a month. Especially if I havent played in a month or its choppy when joining a server.
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Usually a MD5 mismatch means a game file is not in its original form. It can also be used to check for files that should not exist (you dont want to be caught with one of those).

Create a pbcl.cfg file in your PB folder. If you cant catch the md5 kick on the screen in time, you can check the pbcl.log file.
http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/index ... opic=10347

pb_msgprefix: I personally set this to "." rather than "PunkBuster Client"
, annoying to have unnecessary text in your way while playing.

PB_LogToFile [0=no, 1=yes]: Eh, kinda boring info, but may help troubleshooting.

PB_LogMD5Tool [0/1]: This is actually the only command you need to hopefully see why ur getting MD5 kicks.

PB_Sleep [Period] : Google this one or leave it out, I recall some people say setting to 300 (Sparta!) or something makes it less choppy.

PB_SsLog [0=no, 1=yes]: Used to work on BF2, but PB updated and didnt work for me anymore. Might with 1.5, havent tried.

PB_SsSave [0=no, 1=yes] : Same as above.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:Nope... well, actually it did... but it doesn't work...

But I kinda found the solution... kinda... I run PR now from exactly pr.exe instead of shortcuts. BUT... new problem arose... since I'm starting from pr.exe i get BSOD a lot...

And one more thing... relatively related...

If you (anyone reading this) don't have ground textures (ground is invisible, you don't see any ground) open up task manager and end process dwm.exe ... after that you will have textures... but no aero theme... and I don't know how to get aero theme back after ending the process (when I'm finished with playing)... i manually run dwm.exe but nothing gappenes...

Ofc I don't mind you moderating ^^ ty...
Errg, sounds like ur past the MD5 check problem. My last post is a mute check for you. I would wonder if its:
1) a 32/64 bit issue,
2) a run the exe and dll's as an administrator problem,
3) or gut feeling try newer (even beta) video driver and even an older video driver. Seen older work better in some cases until they get it right.

It seems the big mods such as PR and FH2 (may want to browse the FH help forums as they are helpfull) require running their exe's directly.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Last but not least. Updating directx End-User Runtime (its only updated manually when installing a new game) has fixed CTD and BSOD on a couple games for me. This is another one I always run once a month.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Tsumetai_Ryujin

So this is what I get sometimes, and only if I'm loading the next map on the end of the round... I went crazy yesterday 'cuz I got that BSOD about five times...

does any1 have any idea what to do??
Colts

Post by Colts »

i got also lots of ctd´s till i did that!
I haven't fired up mine yet but try some of these:

If you still have trouble run battlefield cleaner to flush out your video cache files

Still no joy?

Trash your BF2 cache files
Path:
C:\Users\'your user name here'\Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache

Throw EVERYTHING inside the folder named cache away.
don't worry the files will be replaced with new ones when the game restarts.

Still CTD?

Make a new user and try to join a server.
Don't worry about your settings yet, battlefield cleaner can transfer old
settings to the new one later

OK
Some other things you can try before you uninstall/reinstall.
Backup your BF2 folder that's inside your documents folder. Once you have a backup delete the original from your documents folder.
Try starting PR from your PR shortcut
a new default folder is created
link to your online account.
If all goes well (CTD gone) all you have to do to get your custom settings back is copy your 'control' file from your backup to the new profile folder.
path:
C:\Users\your user name here\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\0002
note: you may not have a 0002 folder so use 0001

I thought I read W7 users didn't need or shouldn't use the XP compatibility mode.
i also changed textur settings to medium, good luck!