Welcome to GC, New members startup FAQ Thread

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

matt

Welcome to GC, New members startup FAQ Thread

Post by matt »

Welcome to GC!

No doubt you have questions about how or what to do to get started so this thread should hopefully explain enough of the basics to get you into your barracks where help will be readily and happily available to you.

Remember> We were all new once and we all felt a bit lost and alone trying to check in. Just ask in the new players forum or where ever a recruiting officer, admin or army officer or nco is posting and you will get more help than you need or probably want.

Our game thrives on massive online battles, obviously we need lots of players and the only way to get em is by you checking in. We are motivated to have you setup and feeling at home here, so ask!

Im going to divide things up into 3 sections for you guys and gals.

1) How to get to your squad and sign in.

2) What software you will need and how to get Teamspeak setup.

3) Donations

<b>1) THINGS YOU NEED FOR YOUR FIRST CAMPAIGN AT GC</b>

JOINING A TEAM AND SQUAD

At the present time, the only software you will have to provide yourself is the BF2 CD and any patches that are sure to follow such a complex game's initial release.

Now that youve joined us the first thing you'll want to do is join a team and get playing! On the upper left hand side of this page you will see the enlistment Icon. To sign up for BF2, click on the "Enlist Now" icon and on the next page, pick the side you wish to fight on. At GC a player plays on 1 side for a whole campaign though if you want to switch for a good reason it cna be arranged.

Once youve joined a campaign and picked an army, you will be able to see some new forums one of these will be the armies 'squad' forum (probably called barracks, squad, inductees or similar) that forum is where the squads sign up threads are so hop in and have a read of each squad (usualy sticky posts at the top of the forums)

Special ops squads and the airfroce usualy require you to tryout but the infantry squads are open to all players so you can drive tanks and shoot people to your hearts contents. The squad forum will give you all the info on joining that squad, if its doesnt just pm one of the squad officers!

TEAMSPEAK

Teamspeak (ts) lets us chat to each other in battle and helps maintain the chain of command its a small program to download and theres a link in the left hand menu under required downloads.

The program we use is free and very small so downloading the current version only takes a few minutes. We will typically have a download link for teamspeak in our download section. The file can also be downloaded straight from teamspeaks home site. Just follow the install prompts once the file is downloaded and you have opened it, with a double click.

Once its installed just press connect and enter our ts server's ip address which is also displayed down the left hand menu for easy access! (dont forget to give yourself a nickname! We recommend you use your forum name for easy identification.

You will need to register with the server by going to "self" and "register with server" just enter a name and details so the server remembers you and any privilages you have (this stops smacktards joining the server).

Now you cna move through the channels freely, If your playing in a battle go to your teams channel (password will be in your teams forum) or hang out in the after hourrs channel. (Dont forget when you register to add your login/pass on the conenct screen!)

DONATIONS

It's free to play with us, but that doesn't mean it doesn't cost a large chunk of change for us all to play together online.

Global Conflict is funded strictly by donations from our users. Unlike other tournements that charge you to play, the donation that you make will entitle you to a say in how Global Conflict is run with a vote in the Senate.

There is a minimum amount to donate if you desire a votable membership at GC, and that's 10.00 American. Those of us who have made a second home here donate that amount four times a year. For the kind of fun and brotherhood you will experience at GC, that's not even close to the value received by our members.

To donate, use the Paypal Icon on the left hand menu that simply says "Donate". That will take you to a paypal site where you can use a credit card to pay the quarterly fee and it will be on its way.

If you don't have use of a credit card, ask an admin or Tubesteak to send you the snail mail address in a personal message and you can drop the donation into the nearest mail box.

Edited and updated by Winter Lion , from the original bf42 post written by Matt the Exec. Guy.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

DaGrooved1 where are you? I thought you were on a roll here. :P
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Hey Brummie,

Proofread it for me if you would and add whatever you think makes it better.
Matt and I won't say much, well, Matt won't for sure. lol.

Winter-Out 8O
ImageImage
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

DaGrooved1 where are you?
I was demoted for training purposes before I had the chance to do anymore. However if there is anything else that needs doing just ask, but ask first, don't expect me to attempt anything on my own without consent, because I've learned my lesson.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

New users should login and check the Teamspeak channel "Global-Conflict After Hours" Its currently the common spot for GCers who are playing BF2 on non-battledays.
JokerMan

GC

Post by JokerMan »

Hey I have joined the forums and an army...played last saturday...whats do I need to do...oh I was in the Howler Squad...Joker
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Joker,

Go to the Howlers Barracks in the SCUM Primat Picks forum and post your personal info. I have already added you to the squad but I would like to have your info on record.

Learn how to use Army Base Camp or ABC. You should sign-up for the next battle ASAP so we know who we got to work with.

It was great to have you with us last saturday hope you can make it again.

Later

Thur.....out
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

ahhh I'm to slow....

first post seems a bit old, needs some update on ABC, expack and maps we play on, if I'm right if not just speak up :roll:

edit
welcome joker
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Heh, I'd update my "Detailed Instructions for Getting Started Here At GC" Thread but I don't quite understand ABC enough myself.
JokerMan

Joing

Post by JokerMan »

thanx guys...looking foward to the next battle...Joker
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

moved from announcements for update
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW