patch 1.0.1

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

VoLkeR

patch 1.0.1

Post by VoLkeR »

Well patch isnt working for me, dont know what is wrong. When i try to instal the patch i get message Patching failed and thats it. If i try to run game it just freezes on account conection. I tried to reinstal game but no succes. Im getting frustrated here help pls.
MizCleo

Post by MizCleo »

have altered anything with game? Even the slightest of alterings can cause this error, EA likes to be assholes when it comes to stuff like this...
BFE #1 | BFE #2 | WGO #1 | GC #1 | GC # 2 | GC # 3 | GC # 4
syL

Post by syL »

Ok, tons of people are having this problem, and there are numerous fixes out there that have helped some people (not me though)

-log in as Administrator (normal account with admin rights won't do) and install the patch

-delete any nocd cracks you might be using

-make sure you haven't renamed the movies folder or the movies itself (along with all other files of course)

-do this:
"after you've installed the patch(or krashed in the middle of the installation, as it did for me)

Goto Start - Run - regedit
goto Hkey local machine - Software, and you should find a folder named "My company name", with some bf2-stuff in :D

seems like the EA-guys didnt follow the wizzard when they created that register-thingie, think they forgot to write Electronic Arts in the "My company name"-textfield :D"
- as a last resort: reinstall battlefield in Windows safe mode (haven't tried that yet and won't, at least not today, but some people said it helped).

Normal reinstalling won't solve the problem from what I've read.
/edit
Seems like reinstalling DOES work for some people, although not on the first try...people who installed in windows safe mode might just have been lucky and a normal install could work as well, but it's still one more thing to try
/endedit

The problem also isn't related to the installation path..for some it works on partitions differing from C:, for some it doesn't work although they used the default install path.

It's just a sucky patch, and I really hope it will be fixed until saturday.
Dedicated to the Steelworkers of America. Keep reaching for that rainbow!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

found this in a german forum:
I think I've found the solution for the "Patching Failed" problem.

If you get the message, check the version of your "Microsoft Windows Installer". It has to be Version 3.1

I had the problem also. After updating the Windows Installer to Version 3.1 with the "Windows Update", the Patch ruled without a problem.
let us know it this helps.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

and here is another one
Execute Patcher, Choose language, wait for welcome screen, don't hit continue.

go to your documents folder and to this location:

c:\documents\YOUR USERNAME\local settings\temp

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

patch.exe "c:\FolderWhereBF 2Is"
8)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

same thing (I guess) in german
PROBLEM:"PATCHING FEHLGESCHLAGEN"

1. Patch ausführen
2. Sprache auswählen
3. dann muß irgendso'n Willkommens Bild kommen, NICHT weiter drücken
4. geh in dein Dokumente Ordner "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\"dein username"\Lokale Einstellungen\temp" (du mußt alle Dateien anzeigen einstellen, der Ordner "Lokale Einstellungen" ist versteckt!)
5. suche ein Verzeichnis darin mit nem Zahlen-Buchstabencode, darin muß sich die Datei "patch.exe" befinden und noch mehr
6. kopiere diese Dateien in ein Verzeichnis deiner Wahl (z.B. c:\temp)
7. dann auf "start" unten links gehen, ausführen anklicken und "cmd" eingeben
8. Dos Fenster öffnet sich, in das Verzeichnis mit den kopierten Dateien wechseln, darin folgendes eingeben: patch.exe "c:\'battlefield 2 ordner'", also z.B. "patch.exe c:\programme\ea games\battlefield 2"
9. abwarten bis er fertig ist
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

And another one (in German language also)
1. Uninstall - Reinstall - Problem

Manchmal hinterlässt der Uninstaller Reste, die von Hand entfernt werden müssen, bevor sich das Spiel wieder installieren lässt.

Problem:

Der Uninstaller sagt, er habe das Spiel vollständig deinstalliert. Anschliessend lässt sich das Spiel nicht mehr installieren.

Lösung:

Wenn die "Uninstall"-Funktion korrekt benutzt wurde und es keinen Eintrag mehr zu BF2 unter "Software" ind der Systemsteuerung gibt, dann hilft manchmal folgendes:

I. Öffne Arbeitsplatz und gehe zu

Extras -> Ordneroptionen -> Ansicht

I.I deaktiviere "Geschützte Systemdateien ausblenden"
I.II aktiviere "Inhalte von Systemordnern anzeigen"
I.III aktiviere "Versteckte Dateien und Ordner" -> "alle Dateien und Ordner anzeigen"

II. Danach gehe in folgendes Verzeichnis:

C:/Programme/InstallShield Installation Information/

Hinweis: "Programme" ist entsprechend der Sprachversion des installierten Windows lokalisiert. Bei englischen XPs heisst dieser Ordner z. B. "programms".

III. Finde in diesem Verzeichnis alle Dateien mit Namen "Setup.ini"

IV. Finde diejenige "setup.ini", in der folgendes steht:

"AppName=Battlefield 2™"

ACHTUNG! In den Setup.ini Dateien NICHTS VERÄNDERN!

V. Nachdem die richtige "Setup.ini" gefunden wurde den gesamten Ordner, in dem sich diese Datei befindet, löschen.

Danach sollte sich das Spiel wieder installieren lassen.

2. "Cant install patch"

Problem:

In manchen Fällen lässt sich der Patch nicht installieren.

Lösung:

In vielen Fällen hilft folgendes:

I. Login als "Administrator". Wenn dieses Benutzerkonto nicht besteht, richte es als neues Konto mit Administratorrechten ein.

Hinweis 1: Bei Windows XP Home ist dieses Login nur im "Abgesicherten Modus" verfügbar!

Hinweis 2: Der Account MUSS Administratorrechte haben.

II. Installiere den Patch.
All the above where found at BF-Games.net
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Just read a rumor that there might be problems with the patch when running a 64 bit system.
Since my game box is running on 64bit and I am yet to find the time to do the patching, please let me know if any of you guys managed to get your 46 bit system patched. :?
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Not seen any 46bit cpus' but the patch worked on my 64bit amd ok, apart from being kicked by PB after 40mins odd ?!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
gribble

Post by gribble »

hmm.. always the question if you mean

a) 64bit cpu on a 32bit operating system
or
b) 64bit cpu on a 64bit operating system

I don't think a) will cause any extraordinary problems but b) might, but on the other hand that is only my oppinion based on nothing :)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

The answer is a)
gribble

Post by gribble »

hmm.. same here, maybe i wait with the update (as my promised dsl line won't come tomorrow there is no hurry with the update here :( )

there seems to be many problems with the patch also on the server port. server seems to consume huuuuge amounts of ram, everyone seems to have higher pings etc etc etc.. just what i read.
syL

Post by syL »

sushi25 wrote:and here is another one

and look for a folder which looks like {BLAH....} lots of numbers and chars. Go into that folder structure and copy the files in it (e.g. patch.exe, all the files) to a folder where you can execute them (e.g. create a dir named C:\temp)

then open a commandpromt (type "cmd" in run/execute at startmenu) and go to your new created folder with the patchdata. Execute the with the following line (edit to your installfolder location of course):

8)
Finally a workaround that worked, thanks a lot
Dedicated to the Steelworkers of America. Keep reaching for that rainbow!
VoLkeR

Post by VoLkeR »

sushi25 wrote:and here is another one

YES uhuuuu :) Well i can say this worked for me also i still need to run a few test but i can get into game now. TY sushi. Just an addon EA sux sometimes.
Last edited by VoLkeR on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Windrider687

Post by Windrider687 »

Wow it's sad when a patch screws up a game worse than it already is...I smell a patch 1.02 possibly soon :p
You'd better hope you're faster than the wind...for I am what drives the bullet into your skull unaware.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage