question about the nick name and stats [RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Barss_Gungho

question about the nick name and stats [RESOLVED]

Post by Barss_Gungho »

Hi,
i am new. i read that u reccomend us to change nick names. Do you mean to create a new bf2 account for the gc? or is there an option to change our nick with the same bf2 account we use?

Great site, thanks, see you...
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Hi mate, welcome to GC!

As far as I know there is no way to change your nick ingame. So you are assuming right that you have to register a new nic. Which is actually no problem since up to my knowledge we do not play with these special weapons enabled.
Barss_Gungho

thanks

Post by Barss_Gungho »

thanks sushi,

i will take a new account and nick for gc than.
do i have to add some info on my new nick. like which side i play for or which squad i am in?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

you do indeed, the nick will depend on the side you chose and the squad you sign up with.
The details should be posted in the according squad and army forum. Let me know if you need any more assistance and I will get you in touch with somebody from the relevant army. You might also have to sign up new accounts each time you are promoted since EA in their wisdom didn't provide for the ability of name changes. :wink:
Barss_Gungho

Hi again Sushi

Post by Barss_Gungho »

Hi, and thanks for your help.
Actually i posted some messages in Eastern Coalition but noone had replied yet. If u want someone from teher who can help me i would be happy.

I want to play on the eastern side as a mobile infantry, antitank troop or helicopter pilot. I am mostly skilled in these kits. Hope to get in a squad and go to playground soon...

see you
Yob

Post by Yob »

Welcome to GC, Barss.

You will need to make a new account to use during tournement matches (Tuesdays and Saturdays). And you will need to make a new account everytime you get promoted. On the US side my tag looks like this US|2B|.Cpl._YOBBB US for team, 2B for battalion, Cpl for rank. I think the EC does it in similar fashion. When I joined GC I also made a new main acct to play on ranked servers including GC server. Tag is =GC=. It didn't take long to open a weapon up again. To me the rank isn't that important. It's nice to play with other =GC= people and feel 'A Part Of'.
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

oh and please post in this thread what we can do to improve the forums/homepage for newly signed members. Every input is helpfull :)

EDIT: [RESOLVED] added Sept. 05