For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

BF2 and Quicktime=no go

Post by sushi »

To let you participate in my hardearned firsthand knowledge:

If you think about installing the latest Quicktime-version (which apparently only comes within the i-tunes dld) - DONT!

Having installed v1.12 and the SF-addon everything was go, I was playing fine..... untill I updated my quicktime: miraculously I wasn't able to run my BF2.exe anymore -and of cause quicktime didn't work either. Took me some 7-8 houres of restoring, edditiong reinstalling, uninstalling, restoring, cursing, grouching and whining at GC members on TS to accidently get a version of my BF 2 to run again (of cause I had to reupdate thereafter without the stupid patch running through as it did in the first place)

These are the things that make my hair turn gray.
gribble

Post by gribble »

maybe a solution: only install the quicktime codecs, there is a codec-pack called Quicktime Alternative which let's you play .mov in your "normal" mediaplayer. I use this for a long time cause i don't like the original quicktime interface :)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Cool, thanks for the link. I might try this once I am brave enough to touch any intallation files again. :?
Daywrecker

Post by Daywrecker »

I have the latest version of iTunes and Quicktime and BF2 1.12 and SF runs fine for me
--- Campaign 6 [SFB] --- --- Campaign 5 [HH] --- --- Campaign 4 [SCUM] ---
Image --------- Image ---------------- Image
--- Campaign 3 [SCUM] --- --- Campaign 2 [EC] ---
Image - Image