ABC Player tracking...and your BF2 account name

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

ABC Player tracking...and your BF2 account name

Post by Mat-Moo »

Ok guys, when you play GC and you want ABC to properly track your stats (e.g. time played which goes towards variuos ribbons), you need to make sure that in ABC your "Account Name" (Not your Nuke name, that you create an account with) is set the same as the "Account name" you use when you login to :-

Should be set at :-

If these two do NOT match then your account will not be tracked. To edit this BF2 Account name, simply click the EDIT image on the left, then enter the BF2 Account name you use (NO TAGS, unless they form part of your account name!), then hit SUBMIT to save - simple :)

From the battle on 15th Jan 06, the following players will need to update :)

GogglesTheyDoNot
=GC=madcow
=GC=Jones
=GC=Zeplin05
=MF=Ash2Dust
LandRover-GC
chopchop1501
=GC=BRUM
Charger72
[6MD]-Nagin
=GC=Thoronath
=GC=DaGrooved1

These are a few BF2 account names, ABC found ingame, but could not link to a ABC account (not getting told off, just trying to help!) so please update your ABC account with the correct BF2 Account name!
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Is there a place on this website where we can locate these stats? It'd be interesting to see what it has to say about me after random battles :P
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

When you go into ABC and look at the "Sign-Up", you can "Pick another battle" at the bottom of the screen. When you click a prior battle you will see who played in it. Admins also use this to see how many battles you attended for award purposes and I hope to do more with it as ABC develops.
My software
Free reminders by email
Yob

Post by Yob »

Also..in ABC it will tell you the Tags you should use. Everyone should be using their Army/Rank tags the way ABC says they should be set up. Personally, I have a BF2 Account I use just for =GC= Tourney. You may want to do this also instead of using your regular ranked account. Tags will change throughout each camp, you may want to run slightly different settings and binds for tourney etc.
If you don't ask, the answer is, "No."
My Campaign ribbons are around here somewhere!
Nagin

Post by Nagin »

OK, trying to get all these names setup correctly...

I have created a new BF2 account for the tourney. It is NaginGC.

I went to ABC and entered the edit function where I placed NaginGC in the entry for BF2 used different from login name which is just Nagin.

So I should be setup now correctly for tracking purposes?

My in tourney name will be S2*Spi NaginGC.

Have I gotton all this done right?

Thanks.
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Yep, perfect... or you can use your clan one "[6MD]-Nagin" if you want as well :)
My software
Free reminders by email
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Ah, thanks for that Mat-d-rat.

I'm all sorted now :)
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Mat please apologice my ignorance but is my observation correct that the prefic you use when playing isn't relevant for the question of being tracked in ABC or not?
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

too bad i couldnt sign in ABC after the battle had started :(
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

sushi25 wrote:Mat please apologice my ignorance but is my observation correct that the prefic you use when playing isn't relevant for the question of being tracked in ABC or not?
Correct your tag is stripped before ABC processes your name to find you in ABC... of course you should always wear your correct tag so that you can be identified by your commanders etc.
silent_bob wrote: too bad i couldnt sign in ABC after the battle had started
In what respect?
My software
Free reminders by email
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

well i joined the last 2 hours of the battleday but i hadnt signed up on ABC
so when i tried to do it, there were no boxes to select the hours i would like to sign up for. Plus the names of the registered players had green or red dots on top :P
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

You can't sign up to a battle one it has started... but if you are signe dup in ABC it will still track your stats.
My software
Free reminders by email
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: ABC Player tracking...and your BF2 account name

Post by Goggles »

Mat-d-rat wrote: From the battle on 15th Jan 06, the following players will need to update :)

GogglesTheyDoNot

These are a few BF2 account names, ABC found ingame, but could not link to a ABC account (not getting told off, just trying to help!) so please update your ABC account with the correct BF2 Account name!
The error here is that my name is cut off when I add tags to it. The BF2 account name I use for GC is "GogglesTheyDoNothing", but when I add my tags to it, it becomes "S1*Hon GogglesTheyDoNot"... losing the last four letters due to excessive length, I guess. Now I've got my ABC name as the full length version, but I'm guessing the server only sees the cut-off version... what shall I do?
Hi!
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Set it to "GogglesTheyDoNot" :) I'll have to see if I can think of a fix...
My software
Free reminders by email
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

lol, the nick makes less and less sense as time goes by... ok, it's been changed to "GogglesTheyDoNot"!
Hi!