Reality Mod

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Reality Mod

Post by LCourage »

IMO this is the best mod out for BF2 atm.
It's the most accurate and realistic way to play I've ever encountered.

http://www.realitymod.com/

Features:

-Changes to the game physics for smoother play.
-Removal of health and ammo meters.
-Removal of who killed who chat window.
-Bleeding when injured.
-Removal of crosshairs.
-Changes in the kits. With new weapons and items.
-New maps, including night time maps.
-New army added-British.
-New game modes like Extraction, Single Objective, Advance and secure.
-etc....
From the website:
Project Reality is a modification for the Battlefield 2 engine. The developer's aims are to rework the original game engine developed by Digital Illusions of Sweden (Dice) to recreate a realistic combat environment. This includes adjusting the game's various elements that include physics, visual effects and gameplay. Along with changes to how the game handles, the PR team intends to include additional factions such as the British Military, and add to or alter existing factions so that they resemble real life military elements found within their respective environments.

The name 'Project Reality' is not solely for the purpose of throwing around a catchy title. Project Reality's team has a group of dedicated individuals, several of whom have backgrounds in armed services. Whose sole task it is to provide researched findings and statistical information to the developers tasked with creating the mod itself. If you are looking for a fact based FPS shooter from the perspective of a Soldier, Project Reality will be there to cater to those needs.
It could be the mod we've been looking for to take GC to the next level for BF2.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tunnel Snakes rule!
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Yeah, the post for Reality Mod .3 is here:

modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9382

I'm not going to make any comments, because I already find BF2 a tad bit to "lethal".
Charger

Post by Charger »

I agree, Bushmaster. It definitely changes the way you play the game.
I like the fact that it removes the "romantic" notions of warfare. No more Rambos running in the open, spraying and praying. Concealment and ammunition are of the utmost importance.
I believe this MOD would be hugely successful at this site, but resistence to change will prevent any chance of it. Think about it, with the highly disciplined troop corp and skillful tacticians residing at =GC=, a full-blown Main Battle would be heart stopping! Then again, membership probably would decline due to Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome.
gribble

Post by gribble »

We played the first beta and were really impressed by it. But there is one big downside for us to use it:

>> Removal of who killed who chat window. <<

With us here having fun and "building an enemy for a campaign and play with him next" this feature is not gc friendly.. at least in my eyes.

besides that, i loved it (but haven't played the latest version)
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

we could always ask them to possibly tweak it for us.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

Instailed and played this yesterday and thought it was great altough without the crosshairs I found it hard to hit anyone who wasnt right in front of me. The game play seem to pull people together into tight squads it would seem that a life is more valued when you have to wait 40 secs for a respawn. Best mod I've played for BF2 :D

Post by Guest »

SOunds good but I do like having crosshairs.
uberscooby

Post by uberscooby »

I've been playing it some more today :) and even started to do my own share of killing finaly settling down to have no cross hairs.

This mod does seem to get ride of most of the bullshit of BF2 no bunny hopping flag chasing here I like it a lot. :)
Infini7e.Zero

Post by Infini7e.Zero »

realism is good once in a while. for example, i play a mod called Hostile Intent for half-life once in a while when i get bored of bf2 and other games.
"Show me a hero and I will write you a tragedy."
-F. Scott Fitzgerald
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

ill all for a change in GC. BF2 is just a little boring now. ive been playing it since it came out, i get bored rather quickly if i die say 2-3 times in a row. And if any of you have played with me, thats alot!
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image