More 2142 seats....

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

Goggles wrote:
Interfusi0n wrote:The last set of changes they made to 2142 made me never want to play the game again.
What changes, specifically? I know the tweak they did to the gravity has basically made the heavy-armored tank completely useless, doh!
APC drop pods are now useless for travelling, which was my absolute favorite feature. Titan shields are restored to full after a short time so god help you if the guys screwing around in your aircraft and APCs don't get you to the enemy Titan. Extra bugs added for extra fun; I especially like the disappearing Titan bug. Hopefully the bugs will get fixed, but the terrible "walk everywhere" gameplay will remain. I don't like playing a game where I don't actually get to contribute to the fight because I can't get there. If I wanted to spend all my game time walking around, I'd play an MMO. :roll:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

haha, good 'ol Oblivion... a fun walk-around game if your gfx card doesn't explode first!

I seriously hope they fix up the exploding-Titan "feature". Nothing's worse than losing a round when your team was by far the quickest onto the titan. I thought the whole point of the Titan Mode was to destroy the enemy Titan... but if you don't do it by way of the core, it doesn't count?! Weeiiirrrdddd

What were the APC drop pods like before? I've only ever known them to be a certain way... definitely not my preferred way of travelling to an enemy flag (there's no way they won't notice you're there)

Anyways, it was a "tuning beta" so errors are expected. I don't mind seeing the bugs now, since it means EA will know they exist and have the time to fix them. Whether they actually do fix them is another question, but at least they can now try :P

I'll wait for the demo to be released before passing judgement :)
Hi!
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

the height they would get when launching to a titan was the way it was anywhere... now they have it set to maybe 50 feet in the air when not close to a titan.

I get alot more kills now that everyone isnt just podding to the next flag... people actually have to drive their or run there map isnt the big excluding silo 3 and 4 the ones right outside of each base. all the other points are clumped together with 5 being at the center (the one with the walk) you could get to 2 and 1 easily from there... and have the anti tank guns on each side to defend/assault those flags :)
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

Gravis wrote:I get alot more kills now that everyone isnt just podding to the next flag... people actually have to drive their or run there map isnt the big excluding silo 3 and 4 the ones right outside of each base. all the other points are clumped together with 5 being at the center (the one with the walk) you could get to 2 and 1 easily from there... and have the anti tank guns on each side to defend/assault those flags :)
Well "close" is a subjective term. I don't think of them as "close."

I'll just say that when playing, I have to spend 80% of my time on travelling from silo-to-silo with no enemy contact; thusly I'd rather spend 100% of my time not playing.
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

meh... to each his own..... just dont play titan mode then
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

Gravis wrote:meh... to each his own..... just dont play titan mode then
I dislike the game for more reasons than just the titan mode. The exciting "walk everywhere" feature will be a part of every map and mode if I know DICE/EA . I'll continue to retain my $50 until they make it fun for me, which may never happen.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I've gone back to 42, and never been happier.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I've gone back to 42, and never been happier.
Time Machine? 8O
ImageImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Winter_Lion wrote:
Time Machine? 8O
In a way yes. My future self sent me a message telling me that GC would go back to playing 42 and I should remember how to play it again. How did you know? 8O
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

tiberian_rebel wrote:
Winter_Lion wrote:
Time Machine? 8O
In a way yes. My future self sent me a message telling me that GC would go back to playing 42 and I should remember how to play it again. How did you know? 8O
Drat! When does that happen? I totally need to fish up my old '42 cds, if they still exist intact, yikes!
Hi!
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Goggles wrote:Drat! When does that happen? I totally need to fish up my old '42 cds, if they still exist intact, yikes!
My old 42 cds were too scratched up for me to use, so I paid 20 bucks and got the entire BF42 series and Vietnam in an anthology set.

Oh, and all I know about when the switch happens is about a week after 2142 comes out. DaG starts a revolution, and much blood is shed. Mostly his :P
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tiberian_rebel wrote:
Winter_Lion wrote:
Time Machine? 8O

Time trooper salute from one to another.

Performed by

1. Making an "L" shape with your right index finger and thumb
2. Followed by a smooth bending of the right elbow, resulting in your "L" being displayed exactly in the center of your forehead.
3. Release salute on the count of two and resume loitering about smartly

Time Cadet Winter-Out :P
Oh, and all I know about when the switch happens is about a week after 2142 comes out. DaG starts a revolution, and much blood is shed. Mostly his
I suggest we use the Prime Paradox of time travel to our benefit and send someone back to eliminate DaG before he gets tall enough to sit at a Pc without a booster seat. It will change the present as we knew it but I am thinking that would be the best part!...............HaHa 8O
Last edited by Winter_Lion on Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

tiberian_rebel wrote:
Goggles wrote:Drat! When does that happen? I totally need to fish up my old '42 cds, if they still exist intact, yikes!
My old 42 cds were too scratched up for me to use, so I paid 20 bucks and got the entire BF42 series and Vietnam in an anthology set.

Oh, and all I know about when the switch happens is about a week after 2142 comes out. DaG starts a revolution, and much blood is shed. Mostly his :P
Could have downloaded em and just used your cd key on them...
Gottek

Post by Gottek »

Gravis wrote:
tiberian_rebel wrote:

Could have downloaded em and just used your cd key on them...

Why do that EA wants the money from you go and spend your money. (Waving watch in ur face)
Gravis

Post by Gravis »

they do lol... i actually emailed them about BUYING some replacement discs at a reduced cost because my bf2 discs were scratched. They told me that i had to go buy a whole new copy at retail price... I told em im downloading it and to shove there CS up their ass