BF2142 Demo release date

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

ph1l0r wrote:Worked for me out of the box. Played it for only three minutes but it really seems like there has been some serious progress between the beta and this demo.
Really? I played it for about 3 hours and it seems to have gotten worse since the beta. By that I mean it's laggier. The beta ran smoother on my computer than the demo. I get like 80 fps but it would randomly freeze for 3 seconds at a time while loading stuff from disk. Add to that the net code that seems to have gotten worse somehow, and it's just a disappointment. I had more fun playing the beta. At least they did something good by removing the titan shield regeneration garbage in the demo.
Philippx1991

Post by Philippx1991 »

Do you have problems with the EA masterserver too?
I lost my connection yesterday 5 times!!! :evil:
=GC=Campaign8:Image

=GC=Campaign3:Image =GC=Campaign4:no bling bling=GC=Campaign5:Image

=GC=Campaign6:Image=GC=Campaign7:Image
uberscooby

Makes BFV look like BF2

Post by uberscooby »

After playing it for a bit I think I've made up my mind it’s a big pile of dog crap it reminds me of Starwars battlefront and Unreal but without the any of the fun. SBF2 had some great bits in it and some interesting transports and space battles. Unreal tournament was just eye watering non stop action.

BF2142 is certainly the worst installment of any of the battlefield games I too had a fondness to BFV but I find myself losing the battle to try and like
BF2142. I'd say its just not that much fun one could even say boring and feels like there is so much missing (perhaps its all the unlocks) from a futuristic game and at a very competitive time of the year in the games market there really are alot better games to spend your time and money on.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

well in my opinion this is EA's sad attempt at remaking Killzone, a PS2 game. The weapons, style, and vehicles remind me much of Killzone back in my console-playing days, and I am quite dissastisfied with my 2 gig dl. Although I will probably get the full game eventually cause the BF series is still, sadly, in my opinion, the best multiplayer shooter series around now.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

Philippx1991 wrote:Do you have problems with the EA masterserver too?
I lost my connection yesterday 5 times!!! :evil:
oh absolutely, it's terrible

matsif wrote:well in my opinion this is EA's sad attempt at remaking Killzone, a PS2 game
It's also a lot like PlanetSide in that respect. To be fair though, originality isn't EA's strong suit.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

The only reason I can say I like 2142 is that the support gun is rediculiously kick-ass. That and my lag is better than it is for BF2 (that however may be totally unrelated).
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

yea, I don't mind BF2142 at all, myself. But who knows if that's a matter of it simply being a change or scenery or not, know what I mean? lol..

only thing that's bothering me about it so far is the bouncing around that happens when you move as an infantry on foot. Besides that, it's been a pretty interesting deviation from BF2
Hi!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

the bouncing is part of what reminds me of killzone, also I cant stand all the lag I get when some retard decides to move the titan. the amount of lag I get is absolutely horendous when that happens
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

2142 is kinda strange. Maybe it is just that different to the way bf2 feels. On the one hand 2142 is faster than bf2 but on the other slow to an extent i feel the game lags (with 60+ fps and 15ms ping).
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

I've had to drop to 1024x768 in medium detail, and still when I turn or anything is going on I'm getting lagged out. It's like it's loading stuff off the disk (maybe the advertising form the net?) but it's irritating as hell.
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I dropped to medium everything like you did, but mine only lags terribly when my wireless connection decides to go wacko or someone moves the titan (dumbass)
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

Its ok, not great but not bad, I don't like he way he sprints though.
KILL to DIE
SSnake_Plissken
Location: an obscure body in the S-K system, known to its inhabitants as the planet Earth

Post by SSnake_Plissken »

I'll have to wait and see, I've only played the demo so far and was continually kicked from certain servers (loose of connection problems??). The few times I did get to play for a significant amount of time I thought the game was OK, no real issues so far. It does kind of feel a bit like a console game and I found myself getting tired of the (one) map very quickly. I'm hoping for more, and much better maps, when the game does come out. :?
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I want more urban maps than the two they've released so far. It seems like all the focus is in the vehicles in the levels they let us play.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Vortex

Post by Vortex »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I want more urban maps than the two they've released so far.
They've released two maps, am I missing something, playing the game some more, I find it really easy for snipers to own, but the titan battles are always fun.
KILL to DIE