BF3 field report - No stationary machine guns in BF3

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

BF3 field report - No stationary machine guns in BF3

Post by .Sup »

According to DICE’s Alan Kertz there will be no stationary mounted machine guns in BF3 since most guns can now be used with a bipod, even sniper rifles and will be able to be mounted on most surfaces. There will still be the stationary TOW, the anti vehicle weapon and sometimes my favourite weapon of choice to eliminate infantry.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF3 field report - No stationary machine guns in BF3

Post by styphon »

Now that is awesome. Fantastic idea. Hopefully it will keep the game flowing nicely.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

So to mount a weapon would mean you can shoot more accurate but would be screwed when you realise somebody is sneaking up to you, right?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

sushi25 wrote:So to mount a weapon would mean you can shoot more accurate but would be screwed when you realise somebody is sneaking up to you, right?
Yep I am pretty sure it will make the gun more accurate but it will probably take a while to deploy/undeploy. In BF2 if you were killed while manning a stationary you could not be revived, we will see if this is also the case here.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I'm guessing that stationary AA has been eliminated, too, then. Good news is I won't have to camp the ****ing Stinger turrets any more. Bad news is, I wont automatically know where the damned AA is coming from.... :evil:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

from me :twisted:
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

I'm pretty sure you will be able to get revived now Sup, cause the reason you couldnt in BF2 was that being in a stationnary machine gun was like being inside a vehicule.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

WoodenPlank wrote:I'm guessing that stationary AA has been eliminated, too, then. Good news is I won't have to camp the ****ing Stinger turrets any more. Bad news is, I wont automatically know where the damned AA is coming from.... :evil:
I think stationary AA is still in the game. Not 100% sure though, but I would expect there to be an outcry from the masses of n00bs who hate aircraft if they've been removed.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

styphon wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:I'm guessing that stationary AA has been eliminated, too, then. Good news is I won't have to camp the ****ing Stinger turrets any more. Bad news is, I wont automatically know where the damned AA is coming from.... :evil:
I think stationary AA is still in the game. Not 100% sure though, but I would expect there to be an outcry from the masses of n00bs who hate aircraft if they've been removed.
Portable Stingers would be cool. They've been in various Bf2 mods for ages, not sure why they haven't implemented them in BC2 yet.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:
Since Engineers get shoulder-fired AA now, though, they probably won't complain much. Besides, how often was a jet brought down with AA unless the pilot sucked? It rarely happened. AA is MUCH more of a threat to helicopters, and helicopters are more of a threat to infantry. With the new vehicle unlock system, and only having A2A or A2G at any given time will probably keep the moaning to a minimum.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Here is the relevant battle blog on the subject of 'customizing weapons': http://www.battlefield.com/uk/battlefie ... attleblog8

I'm curious to see how this pans out. I imagine we'll ultimately end up seeing some very common combos (whatever provides the best overall damage+accuracy+firing rate?
Hi!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Its supposed to take 100 hours to unlock everything and complete the kit for each weapon.