Issues from C1

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Re: Issues from C1

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:If we enable 3D spotting it wont be long before people start complaining about how overpowered choppers are. They will start raping as all they have to do is shoot at the doritos popping up on their screen, instead of actually having to spot the troops below them.

3D spotting isn't the answer and would be a mistake for GC.
As always, everything has a plus and a minus.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

styphon wrote:If we enable 3D spotting it wont be long before people start complaining about how overpowered choppers are. They will start raping as all they have to do is shoot at the doritos popping up on their screen, instead of actually having to spot the troops below them.

Thats your opinion, i think it would solve more problems and i am pretty confident, it would balance out alot.
(and thats my personal opinion)

Isnt the dorito popping up, when hovering with your aim above the enemy, even without 3d Spotting?
I thought it does, but i might be mistaken.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

with Chef on that one. k:Bravo:
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Chefcook wrote:

Thats your opinion, i think it would solve more problems and i am pretty confident, it would balance out alot.

Isnt the dorito popping up, when hovering with your aim above the enemy, even without 3d Spotting?
Yes, but only you can see it and it's only while you are aiming directly at the enemy. With 3D spotting you spot someone a dorito pops up for everyone with LOS to see, whether they are hovering over them or not.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

styphon wrote: Yes, but only you can see it and it's only while you are aiming directly at the enemy. With 3D spotting you spot someone a dorito pops up for everyone with LOS to see, whether they are hovering over them or not.
Thats what they want.
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

styphon wrote:
Chefcook wrote:

Yes, but only you can see it and it's only while you are aiming directly at the enemy. With 3D spotting you spot someone a dorito pops up for everyone with LOS to see, whether they are hovering over them or not.
Surely if both generals agree on 3D spotting then argument solved, I thought it was up to the generals to agree how a campaign was run and the rules from previous campaigns and then up to the TA's to enforce what was decided.... didn't realise it was dictated from the TA's on how it is going to be despite generals agreeing on the rules they want to have??

Maybe I have got this wrong but to me why are rules been enforced so heavily without movement?

Haz
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

The community decide the fairplay rules and server settings, with common sense oversight from the TAs, Execs and the Generals.

The campaign system is more or less up to the TAs and Generals, though they welcome input from the community.

Generals dictate rules in their own army as well as its implementation/organization.

Bottom line is the community is in charge of GC and if they want something to change all they have to do is prove the majority of the membership wants the change. :wink:
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Total_focus_haz wrote:Surely if both generals agree on 3D spotting then argument solved, I thought it was up to the generals to agree how a campaign was run and the rules from previous campaigns and then up to the TA's to enforce what was decided.... didn't realise it was dictated from the TA's on how it is going to be despite generals agreeing on the rules they want to have??

Maybe I have got this wrong but to me why are rules been enforced so heavily without movement?

Haz
This is just a discussion. Just because I'm a TA doesn't mean I'm excluded from stating my opinion. I would prefer to see things stay as they are with 3D spotting off. It's my opinion that turning 3D spotting on is a very bad solution to the SOFLAM problem.

Please don't ever insinuate I would try to dictate anything in GC. That's not how I am. I always try to confer with my fellow TAs before taking any action and keep things in the spirit of GC.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Man I wish I could make the rules :).

Haz it is as you say. Obviously if something is a real issue we could step in but the community is what counts.
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Von_Krieg wrote:Man I wish I could make the rules :).

Haz it is as you say. Obviously if something is a real issue we could step in but the community is what counts.
It's all that I want to see is a campaign that brings back regular players again and we can get Tuesday battles back on.. Sometimes too many rules over shadow what is a game people know how to play respectfully and really a TA should never have to get involved as that's what generals and their HC are there to do is work issues out!!

Thanks

Haz
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Don't worry guys, a lot of people have requested 3D spotting therefore a poll will be held to see if the majority wants it. We'll hold the poll after the draft and before the BFI and the outcome will determine whether or not it is on this campaign.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
a432

Post by a432 »

Bottom line is the community is in charge of GC and if they want something to change all they have to do is prove the majority of the membership wants the change.

Lets put 3d spotting up for a community vote. It seems there are enough of us who support activating it to make us the majority.

-Edit madcow beat me to it heh...
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Total_focus_haz wrote:

It's all that I want to see is a campaign that brings back regular players again and we can get Tuesday battles back on.. Sometimes too many rules over shadow what is a game people know how to play respectfully and really a TA should never have to get involved as that's what generals and their HC are there to do is work issues out!!

Thanks

Haz
This makes the TA's job easy. I'm all for TA's no longer playing neutral 3rd party, babysit, warn, implement, or punish if any rule is broken. Its all between the generals and their HC. All the TA's do is keep score and make sure the server is running. If a general has an issue with the other army, he can discuss it with his counterpart as the battle rages on. If they cant agree, then he can kick the offending players and general from the server.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ash2Dust wrote:
Total_focus_haz wrote:

Thanks

Haz
This makes the TA's job easy. I'm all for TA's no longer playing neutral 3rd party, babysit, warn, implement, or punish if any rule is broken. Its all between the generals and their HC. All the TA's do is keep score and make sure the server is running. If a general has an issue with the other army, he can discuss it with his counterpart as the battle rages on. If they cant agree, then he can kick the offending players and general from the server.
I actually prefer it as it is. Being part of HC I know how much work it is to organize squads, individuals, FC and communicate with neutrals/TA and to monitor that all external rules plus internal army rules are followed is too much. Often there is only one member of HC present and for him to do all that is too much.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Plus you need someone without any bias to manage the campaign system. Especially when it becomes more complicated with the Risk rules, fog of war, etc.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]