Can't log in?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Can't log in?

Post by styphon »

Hey guys, it seems the path for the cookies was causing some issues and has been changed. However it means if you had your login saved you may not be able to log in at all now until you clear your cookies for GC. I've posted how to do so for the major browsers below:

Chrome:
Open "Options" and then click on "Under the Bonnet". Click the "Content settings..." button then "All cookies and site data...". In the search type "global" and then delete any cookies for the site "www.global-conflict.org" (if there's no www. in it then you're fine).

Firefox:
Open "Options" and click on the "Privacy" tab. Click on the "remove individual cookies" link and search for "global". Delete any cookies for the site "www.global-conflict.org" (if there's no www. in it then you're fine).

Internet Explorer 9:
Click on "Tools" and then "Internet Options". Under "Browsing history" click the "Delete..." button. Make sure only "Cookies" is checked and then press the "Delete" button.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Can't log in?

Post by Kismet »

Yay, I'm not crazy. Also, the timestamp on posts aren't in the future anymore. Woot.
Thanks for posting.
Onionhammer

Post by Onionhammer »

For US chrome it's 'under the hood' :D
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

I can't believe they call it "the bonnet" in UK :roll:

BTW, this fixed the bug that has bothered me for months. Before, every time I came back to GC it made me log in. No matter how times I clicked "remember me." Now it finally works! Thanks Styphon 8)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

It all stems from the fact that www. is in fact a subdomain. Someone set the cookies to www.global-conflict.org and that meant they only worked if you visited the www. subdomain. I've now set them to just global-conflict.org, which means they work for both.
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

Now I know, why I couldn't log in via Firefox.
Thx Styphon!
Hsad

Post by Hsad »

Thank you for the fix.
Perhaps this should be somewhere where newer people can more readily find it. I'm lucky to have found it.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Hsad wrote:Thank you for the fix.
Perhaps this should be somewhere where newer people can more readily find it. I'm lucky to have found it.
It's on the front page of the website.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Hsad

Post by Hsad »

Somehow I had never gone to the front page because I was introduced to GC from a link and I promptly bookmarked the link. I should have know you would be way ahead of me, but was just trying to help. Good to see.