Early Saturday for EU

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: Early Saturday for EU

Post by mrBLUE9 »

You're right. I was kind of thinking on mine SBT schedule and forgot that for Europeans the battleday already ends really late, and for Americans they already have to skip lunch to play. As I'm in the middle between the two I have nothing to complain as one hour less or more won't affect me, but I see it being a issue for other people. Thanks for the explanation!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

The problem is further amplified for those south of the equator. When we start DST, you guys end it. Thus your SBT will swing by 2 hours each change.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

When waiting rooms are always populated, its less of an issue, but numbers do wane off towards the end of each campaign. For some of us in NA, it not just missing lunch. For NA Westcoasters, it means 9am (PST) if starting an hour earlier. Some people need to get things done in the morning and jumping on a computer by 9am (PST) or 12noon (EST) is not easy.

Then with NABO which, is geared for NA, its hard to get NA people on before 6pm (PST) or 9pm (EST) on a weeknight. We just dont see good numbers an hour earlier. Especially when people need to get home from work or eat dinner with the family. We've tried it earlier several times without much success.

Euros, I have less experience with the impact of their start time, but I know many stay up way too late.

Our current time scheme is like a bell curve, we are trying to catch full servers at the beginning and end of a battleday. If you stay the entire battleday for a full campaign, you'll see a trend in start numbers and end numbers. Every once in awhile we try to shift times hour earlier or hour later and our numbers suffer very noticably.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

Just be glad that EU is making the change all at once... some years ago there were differend times twice a year between GB, NL, D, F and so on.
EU is discussing to stop the time changes, I hope they do it :wink:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

thats really confusing for us not in EU/NA , with our own DST times.

i think the Best solution for it, is to fix the counter on the main page to always show the "correct" time for the battleday.
i mean, battleday starts whenever the counter hits 0.
then it doesn't matter where you are.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!