GC 4v4 Tourney#3! Winner: Scrublnauts! TNI Dethroned!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC 4v4 Tourney#3! MARCH 2. BRACKETS & MAPS UPDATED IN OP

Post by RazY70 »

TheYonderGod wrote:
RazY70 wrote: Why not? It could make things a little bit easier for the not so strong teams.
how so? Anything that helps or hurts 1 team will do the same to the other. If anything I think squad leader only spawn would make it even easier for the stronger teams because they will die less and therefore need to spawn less.
Because as you mentioned the stronger team tends to kill more and die less. Therefore it's more likely that the weaker team will lose their SL more often. Having to spawn at base in those cases instead of closer to the objective will weaken them even more compared to the stronger team (this is 4v4 not 32v32)

You can use a beacon which is what we did in the previous match, but then you need a recon instead of the more conventional assault, which translates to less revive options. Also the beacon needs to be in a relatively safe position, which is again not so close to the action otherwise it's quickly discovered.

Not critical. Just seems to make sense to me. As always there are of course advantages and disadvantages.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I think it makes the tournament more intense and adds a strategical aspect if you need to manage the spawnpoint, rather than being able to spawn on anyone.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

MisterInsane wrote:Not really sure about that, the free cam mod basically makes so that the MAV doesn't have a black/white filer and HUD.And about the rules, I understand them, and I agree with them, but m320 frag....I think that especially with no mini-map and 80% hp it isn't going to be fun
Well, you don't have to fly around with the MAV, you can just use hotkeys to navigate around while the MAV is hovering far away from the battlefield.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

From reading the thread, I'll take several things into consideration.

1.) Turn SL spawn off.
2.) Turn Punkbuster off so we can use the mod
3.) Disable M320 Frag.

In regards to #2, the mod still uses an MAV to view the map right? So wouldnt it still spot things while it's up in the air on the minimap? Which would give one team an advantage? Because of this, I don't think I can turn the minimap on regardless of whether we turn PB off or not.

Please let me know.
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I'm going to advocate not disabling the m320. I hate getting killed by it, and I hope people don't abuse it, but it's a legitimate tool for bringing down cover.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

Bock wrote:I'm going to advocate not disabling the m320. I hate getting killed by it, and I hope people don't abuse it, but it's a legitimate tool for bringing down cover.
Yes but it gives too much of an advantage because you still get to be an assault like if you need to bring down cover then be an engineer and use RPGS where you have that advantage of rubble but you cant run around reviving
MisterInsane

Post by MisterInsane »

The m320 frag might be a legitimate tool, but there is no league/cup etc. that allows it, look up so comp gameplay from the early days of this game, when m320 wasn't forbitten.Pub gameplay and GC are very diffrent from competitive gameplay, the outcome is decided by who has the right perks and luck..
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

haruky wrote:From reading the thread, I'll take several things into consideration.

1.) Turn SL spawn off.
2.) Turn Punkbuster off so we can use the mod
3.) Disable M320 Frag.

In regards to #2, the mod still uses an MAV to view the map right? So wouldnt it still spot things while it's up in the air on the minimap? Which would give one team an advantage? Because of this, I don't think I can turn the minimap on regardless of whether we turn PB off or not.

Please let me know.
The MAV spots everything it's faced towards. I think it also spots stuff just by being in an area, similar to a T-UGS.

So, basically if I'm streaming, I'm deploying the MAV, removing the MAV thermal HUD and the sounds it's making (beeping and the engine), and activate the hotkeys so I can navigate around.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD_pNxGPyZA[/youtube]
BotoloLover
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by BotoloLover »

Are all the games to be played on March, 2nd?
ImageImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

The whole M320 I am pretty skeptical about. I wouldn't care if we allow it because it is a legitimate tool to use (I don't see how no mini-map has anything to do with it) but the fact that it's part of the assault kit I don't like. Anyways I do hope to see mini-map left off and the freecam allowed.
ImageImage
Róka

Post by Róka »

haruky wrote:Buts
Wizekraker
Waxass
Roka
iRawPeanut
Archdirtydigger
I'll be on all day today if any of you want to practice.
ImageImage
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'm playing with The Cream Team as a backup for .Sup in case he's late.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

Hey what about me Haruky?
I can recall and made a post before the teams were placed at the tournament slots.

Anyways, if there is a team i can join, just inform me ^^
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
Madsgyver
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Madsgyver »

So no M320? What about C4, Claymores and the Xbow?

Also, what happens if both teams get both MCOMS?
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Madsgyver wrote:So no M320? What about C4, Claymores and the Xbow?

Also, what happens if both teams get both MCOMS?
I think they will check the remaining tickets and the team with the most wins