Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: All ye filmmakers!

Post by solmartig »

Kuchenfari wrote:was late that day, only have half a round of c4 jeeps :X
is ok, just load it up, and which round it was, we need more footage from the UN side if possible
C3:ImageC6Image
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

alright this is what i got so far, this is just a preview which i exported with lower quality and a smaller screen size just so it would go fast.

i want to first apologize about the time that is has been taking is mostly irl work has been on top of me so havent really had any time to edit.

the screen size is smaller there are mostly hard transition in sound and video and some smaller details that i have seen afterwards that i need to fix, just exported it fast so you guys could give me some feedback and watch the progress.
the video size is going to be hopefully full screen and ill say it ahead due to only having only 3 recordings from UN side is not gonna be much variation from that side, if you guys still have footage please let me know and ill try to put it in. :)

Cheers
phpBB [video]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

nice work! :clap:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

some quick notes:
- nice work! It takes a lot of effort to make these vids!
- the intro is a bit long (or maybe having just the map to look at is to static)
- if you switch to the single POV maybe use the army logo on the top left/right.
- the idea with the zoom to D flag is awesome.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

yes well before im done im going to put each time i switch camera the name of the army im switching to, just so ppl know who is who.

about the map, do you have any ideas how to improve it so is not too static? i guess i could just join an empty server and just flote around with a mav or something showing the whole map aswell, but i dunno, i wanna try to keep it clean there mostly so ppl can hear the tactics, but i could put some kind of video regarding the map or tactic.

just keep them comming :)
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

maybe as he's telling the strat lines are being drawn on the map or something like that.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

make calloutman talk faster or cut some of his jibber-jabber :lol:

Maybe some loadout changes from people, or players just spawning in, or draw marks on the map (lots of work....)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

Jokerle wrote:draw marks on the map (lots of work....)
i was thinking about this first, just it takes waaaaaay to long :P ill see what ill do but i do agree is a bit boring that part haha.
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

I was trying to figure out what to do with the opening strat as well.. I originally went with static map but it seemed too plain and boring.

Would it be possible for someone to go into firestorm and get some overhead cinematic shots? Maybe just fly around and look down at the map from above and try to do it with the strategy in mind.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

BanzaiLang wrote:
Would it be possible for someone to go into firestorm and get some overhead cinematic shots? Maybe just fly around and look down at the map from above and try to do it with the strategy in mind.
I can do it end of next week (then I am back from visiting from visiting my family in Germany)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

That was awesome man, keep up the awesome work.

UN guys if you have any footage from that SCRIM give it to him. Would be sweet to see more of that.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

the switch between myself (in tank) and they guy that RPGed me is awesome.
however, if you're showing a fight on a flag, show it from start to end.
if there is no footage on how they take Delta, ok. but there's got to be some footage on how it got cleared.
cus right now it shows some shots and frags from the UN sitting on Delta, switches to the MAV and "Delta is clear" 8O
if im not wrong my tank got destroyed there, you can show that.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

Necromancer wrote:but there's got to be some footage on how it got cleared.
cus right now it shows some shots and frags from the UN sitting on Delta, switches to the MAV and "Delta is clear" 8O
if im not wrong my tank got destroyed there, you can show that.
the only one i could find is by you been on the right side of the flag and when jd's squad (jorkele footage) gets there after the clear which is the one i show, except for that there is no more footage, 01001 gets there in the beginning but after the flag is capped and he is just running behind the wall not doing much :S imma go through jokerles video again and see what i can find.

but ill try to get to the 10 mins mark today and then try to get some more clear footage on caps and attacks so i can get halfway and work on more details :)
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

what happens to 01 POV? if he's killed, add it.
also, after he shot that RPG at me and sees the hit from his POV, switch to mine when i take that hit and my reaction to it.
thats whats nice when you have POVs from the same point!
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
BanzaiLang

Post by BanzaiLang »

Here is my first sloppy edit of the round. The transitions aren't as smart and coherent as solmartigs but it's all there. Maybe you can use this as a reference as you continue your work. I can slap on "UN/SCAR - PlayerName" on the screen if people think it would make things easier to follow.

phpBB [video]

My favorite part starts at 21:45 :thumbup:
Jokerle wrote:
BanzaiLang wrote:
I can do it end of next week (then I am back from visiting from visiting my family in Germany)
Thanks joker. I would do it myself but I'm terrible at flying any vehicle and would probably crash before getting anything recorded. :lol: Hope you enjoy your visit