building up a (small) streaming channel [please vote]

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

favorite day for public GC streaming (@SBT)

monday
7%
thursday
4%
wednesday
11%
thursday
7%
friday
15%
sunday
56%

Total votes: 27

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: building up a (small) streaming channel [please vote]

Post by Fields »

Okay guys, I'm ready to add editors to our channel. You'll first need to follow http://www.twitch.tv/globalconflict, and then we'll be able to add you as editors. Being an editor gives you access to the dashboard, allowing things like clip editing, highlight creation & stream title chaning.

Other things to consider:
-We're a diverse group of gamers. Do we want to restrict ourselves to just battlefield or showoff our community playing other games as well?
-Who gains priority & how do we ensure people don't overlap their streams in the same time slots?
-Should we try to hold a standard of quality or is it anything goes?
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

can't vote for a day because it depends on the time for me if i can make it or not.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

i would like to be a part of it, i will be upgrading my internet soon so hopefully i can stream some videos aswell :)
C3:ImageC6Image
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Good idea would be to update the profile page. Add the GC logo, include some twitter, GC platoon, steam group links and etc. Some small description what GC is.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

how much work would it be to have the server as an open server during regular days, at least one of the server? and then we could link the channel to that server? and then when it would be require for practice or recon or when is needed then it would be closed down again?

any thoughts about it?
C3:ImageC6Image
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

as far as I know, opening the server for ranked gameplay was turned down as it had no particular value (of bringing new players) but had an additional cost. if its not ranked, i dunno how many ppl would join.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

opening it up to ranked doesnt cost more, its just inconvenient.
High commands and strategists want to be able to check out maps to plan for attacks and defenses. Tank/jet/chopper crews might also want a place to practice that isnt pubs.

Having 2 locked servers just makes everything a whole lot easier for our players.
I would suggest maybe leaving 1 locked and opening 1 to ranked?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

solmartig wrote:how much work would it be to have the server as an open server during regular days, at least one of the server? ?
No. We simply dont have enough people that would idle the server long enough to get it somewhat filled. You sometimes wait for several hours!
Other reasons like practices/scouting also dont help.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Fields wrote: Other things to consider:
-We're a diverse group of gamers. Do we want to restrict ourselves to just battlefield or showoff our community playing other games as well?
-Who gains priority & how do we ensure people don't overlap their streams in the same time slots?
-Should we try to hold a standard of quality or is it anything goes?

I would say we keep it mostly battlefield, at least for scheduled streaming. If people want to stream spontaneously other games, why not?

People who want to stream over GC account should also go into the (to-be created) TS channel. Maybe we can also leave notes for others to see (like: 'i want to stream leisure suite larry IV, tomorrow SBT). Not sure how, there are multiple options (google doc, or a special forum thread, etc.).

quality? I dont worry about a standard, but about a too high standard. People with slow internet cannot downgrade the stream (you need to be partnered), so if you stream in 1080p and high bit rate, many people wont be able to follow. Maybe we can agree on a quality range?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

dan1mall wrote:opening it up to ranked doesnt cost more, its just inconvenient.
Wrong. (With most providers) you have the option to either order a public, or a private server. The public one you can password as you wish, while the private one is always passworded. The private option is usually cheaper.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Wrong. (With most providers) you have the option to either order a public, or a private server. The public one you can password as you wish, while the private one is always passworded. The private option is usually cheaper.
dont we have the ranked version though? Im 100% sure it's been public in the past. We mightve changed to a private server only though, I dont know.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

dan1mall wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote:
dont we have the ranked version though? Im 100% sure it's been public in the past. We mightve changed to a private server only though, I dont know.
I think I remember Sushi saying that we downgraded that, I could be talking out of my ass though; I tend to do that...
AdmiralGiggles

Post by AdmiralGiggles »

there are plenty of good pubs, so i doubt we need one more.