BF4: any army on any map on any side

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4: any army on any map on any side

Post by Sarantini »

A Docile Sloth wrote:I don't see how a game for pub can't be a highly comp game. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Take TF2 as an example. Massive pub scene (still) and a headline at the latest insomnia.
Comp tf2 is really small though. It's a great community but it couldn't even manage to get enough money to send one team to Europe from America for I45. A game where the competitive scene is so much different than public play will always have a harder time to get people to the comp side.
But transistioning into competetive in bf4 will be easier with 5 man squads I think. I just wish they add versatility in the classes so you don't see 5 medics but a support or a sniper mixed in
Last edited by Sarantini on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Sarantini wrote:
A Docile Sloth wrote:I don't see how a game for pub can't be a highly comp game. The two aren't mutually exclusive. Take TF2 as an example. Massive pub scene (still) and a headline at the latest insomnia.
Comp tf2 is really small though. It's a great community but it couldn't even manage to get enough money to send one team to Europe from America. A game where the competitive scene is so much different than public play will always have a harder time to get people to the comp side.
Yup. Look at the most successful "esports" titles like Starcraft, LOL, and CS. The game the pros play is pretty much the exact same thing people are playing at home. It's easier to make the transition to comp, and easier to build an audience that way. But with battlefield, the main competitive game modes are 5v5 and 8v8 conquest. Nobody plays conquest in pubs at that size unless they're trying to populate a server.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Bock wrote:
Sarantini wrote:
Comp tf2 is really small though. It's a great community but it couldn't even manage to get enough money to send one team to Europe from America. A game where the competitive scene is so much different than public play will always have a harder time to get people to the comp side.
Yup. Look at the most successful "esports" titles like Starcraft, LOL, and CS. The game the pros play is pretty much the exact same thing people are playing at home. It's easier to make the transition to comp, and easier to build an audience that way. But with battlefield, the main competitive game modes are 5v5 and 8v8 conquest. Nobody plays conquest in pubs at that size unless they're trying to populate a server.
LOL... Pros... in the same prhase

Yeah, that's a little bit different but they could add better game modes suited for 5v5 so people could run servers with those modes all the time like IDK for example Cs 1.6:
There are 12 slots servers just to play the basic game, and when admins get on they organize a mix between all the players (in BF would be a little bit diff but you get the idea)
And there are also like 32 slots servers to play things like KZ, Zombie mode, etc.

You could go in BF with small 10 slot servers to play Squad Conquest/Rush (or something along those lines) and then the servers that we have now, CQ 64v, Rush 64 zergrush etc etc.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

yeah yeah i misspelled i mean esports ofc :)
C3:ImageC6Image
Róka

Post by Róka »

Couldn't find a general Battlefield 4 thread so I'm posting this here.
Untitled.png
http://battlefield.tumblr.com/post/5809 ... -evolution
The XM25 Airburst Launcher and a redesigned, remote-controlled Mortar will allow Support players to give indirect fire support while staying with the squad.
http://i.imgur.com/s0Qdfow.jpg
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Agreed, not to mention a competitive atmosphere can only flourish with a massive playerbase. Lol has some of the highest amounts of active players right now and that drives its competitive scene into the stratosphere. Meanwhile, games like shootmania are produced specifically to provide a balanced and competitive experience, tailored for esports, but nobody plays it or really gives a crap.

Also, yay occasionally different colored sleeves.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Róka wrote: redesigned, remote-controlled Mortar will allow Support players to give indirect fire support while staying with the squad.
sounds like ET:QW support class artillery Howitzer and mortar deployables.
Last edited by Necromancer on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

I really hate all this social media crap where they release a line of information on solely one site.
Remote controlled mortar sounds.. weird
But sounds easier and more practical thus more fun to use
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Sarantini wrote:I really hate all this social media crap where they release a line of information on solely one site.
Remote controlled mortar sounds.. weird
But sounds easier and more practical thus more fun to use
Now...how im gonna get my kills with the EOD :(

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Róka

Post by Róka »

ImageImage