Tips for a wannabe pilot?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Tips for a wannabe pilot?

Post by kidbagz »

So with BF4 coming out I decided that I want to become a great pilot. Chopper mainly, but jets sound fun too.

In the past games (BF2 & BF3) I never really had the chance to pilot anything that flies because a)Master Pilots appeared overnight who shot me down within .000001 seconds of takeoff. B)well, a) discouraged me from even trying.

So I want to bring hell from above to all with any and all flying machines in BF4. So I am looking for some tips from ace pilots on how to accomplish this. I hope that with this new game, and early beta access, i have time to hone some skills down before LoA and the likes have time to master them jets and crush all my hopes and dreams of becoming a pilot :(

I got myself a game controller, does that help?
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: Tips for a wannabe pilot?

Post by Calloutman »

Apparently there will be a flight practice mode in BF4. Flying seems to only work with practice, and you can't really get that in pub servers as you get shot down too quickly...
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

trial and error, after every new patch.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

1. basics - controls, HUD, unlocks, the building blocks
2. mechanics - find out how the air vehicles move, how the weapons work, how countermeasures work, etc.
3. maps - study up on the different maps, find out the spawn orders, safe spots, and best practices
4. opposition - practice against real people, develop personal play style, keep practicing
5. practice - did I say to stop practicing?
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

kidbagz wrote: i have time to hone some skills down before LoA and the likes have time to master them jets and crush all my hopes and dreams of becoming a pilot :(
I dont wanna disappoint you...but most of the dogfighting skills from BF3 are likely transferable to BF4.
Better start practice now :wink:
(I should listen to my own advice.. :( )

edit: expandas and CallID are also pretty good teachers, maybe if you buy them cake..... :D
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Everything has to be achieved through some amount of difficulty, the harder the challenge the more you'll learn. Don't shy away from flying against anyone. It helps to know the basic mechanics, but for it to become second nature you have to practice. Learn to deal with your weaknesses and to play to your strengths. I could teach you what you need to know, but I don't know when I'll have time.