Supporting Member

Open Campaign System Critique

Post by Spreez »

Campaign Doc
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15qC ... TdQNQ/edit

TA Roles
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TgL ... K8J6k/edit

RE: The Campaign System Document

1) "The first army to hit zero tickets on a Saturday loses the campaign." (found in the Campaign Overview) conflicts with "The campaign is over the moment one army hits zero tickets and has no chance to recover them. If an army hits zero tickets on a Black Ops, but they still have a chance to recover one ticket, the Black Ops will continue until that chance is gone." (Campaign Victory Conditions)

2) In Campaign Initialization: "Each army will have an deployment..." should be: "Each army will have a deployment..."
k:sorry:

...and the connections between the remaining flags will remain the same?
To note a few.
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Open Campaign System Critique

Post by Sarantini »

The tickets gained/lost at the black ops seems very low. 1 ticket lost/gained on a total of 400 and you need to destroy 12(!) mcoms/bombs. 1 ticket per 3 or something seems much more reasonable.

Having both tdm and domination seems a bit overkill, the modes are very alike I think.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Flag ownership is determined by a best of 2 rounds played on the map associated with that flag.
does that mean the flag ownership is determined by ticket count?

@sarantini - the winning condition of tdm and domination are completely different. kill count vs flag bleed.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Snookfingers

Post by Snookfingers »

[quote="Sarantini"]The tickets gained/lost at the black ops seems very low. 1 ticket lost/gained on a total of 400 and you need to destroy 12(!) mcoms/bombs. 1 ticket per 3 or something seems much more reasonable.

Having both tdm and domination seems a bit overkill, the modes are very alike I think.[/quote

I have to agree here, i feel that tdm is the least team based game that BF4 will offer, and since we are all about teamplay i think maybe Sarantini has a point...... if youre a player that doesn't have a good shot this game mode wont be fun for you at all which i find a bit unattractive, on a super duper positive note, i think the new setup is awesome and def a great way for us to explore bf4 and find out about the maps in a fast and easy way, thanks guys for taking all the time to make the new system and also for mapping it out in a such an easy and finite way, so awesome THANKS GUYS! handies in the elevator....
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

From the OP:
StarfisherEcho wrote:+1/+2:
We are working on how we want to handle mid-round fluctuations.

Ticket system at present is the following:

400 tickets to start
5 tickets lost per loss
5 tickets per week bleed
12/20 maps needed to trigger the bleed (3/5 hold)

We will be playing the 64v versions of maps, in addition to ONE of the following:
32v
64i

to make our 20 maps.
I think those ticket counts are the 'real' ones while the ones in the document was the original implementation. I believe I read somewhere the counts were changed during a TS session about what do with BOs. <-- I may be wrong on that point.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Yes, please let me know if you see any other instances where things aren't stated as 400 tickets/5 per round lost/5 bleed.

For Black Ops, I took out the 12 threshold and put in a placeholder. Our goal is to have a good black ops be equivalent to taking away/recouping a round on the normal battleday, so 5 tickets. We will do our best to define the ticket thresholds accordingly.

With respect to the other modes, those are all TBD and will only be added if we can find some reasonable way to play them that doesn't suck. Alternatively, we could have our first Tuesday been an open Black Ops where we play one round on a map on each mode and just see how it goes, followed by voting to see which modes we keep for the campaign. But just looking at it, I'd say that Rush and Obliteration are shoe ins, Defuse might work if you can get 32v32, and the rest are probably not going to work. Conquest Small of course has been used successfully in past campaigns, and could be included if we want to test out the very small maps.
ImageImageImage