BattleRecorder Petition

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

BattleRecorder Petition

Post by mrBLUE9 »

JackFrags made a very nice video explaining all the benefits of having a demo recording system on BF4. He also made a petition for it that you can find here. I know it's probably going to be hard for DICE to implement it in BF4, but maybe with the petition they at least consider it. I think this would be great for our community, specially having the demos of all the rounds available for viewing after the Battleday. :)
Frosteyy

Re: BattleRecorder Petition

Post by Frosteyy »

Yes. I was going to come over here and start something, you beat me to it. This is a great bit of work Jack has done. Loved how he made into a selling pitch of sorts. Good stuff, everyone should sign this.
C5: LOD/Corporal
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Hard part seems to be that Dice struggles with getting a 64 player server stable. One would think this day and age after a decade, we could have 128. I want battle recorder back as it puts a lot of questions to rest a lot faster.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I'm not a big fan of all those petitions or request posts/videos. I think the benefits of BattleRecorder are apparent not only to a few privileged members of the BF community but also to EA/DICE. This is nothing new and people have been asking for this feature ever since BC2 was released without one. I'm pretty sure that if it were a feasible task we would've already gotten one (no one is going to say no to free advertisement). Unfortunately I have to assume things are not that easy, either due to available resources, technical concerns, or both.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

I like how these "I want X in this game" things always pop up a few weeks before release, or after the game has been released. At this point, the game is long shipped off to be distributed etc. And while you can patch things, with the modern release cycle, it is, atleast in the AAA sector, very unlikely that a dev team will stay onboard to develop things like this.

In BF3 we've seen some things like the match feature that have been rolled out after the game's release, but those have all been Battlelog features. Battlerecorder with the ability to store games and play them back etc. would require alot of backend infrastructure work, and unless they already prepared something like this, it's not gonna happen.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Not being pessimist but...should we wait for BF5? Unless theres something already implemented in the game dont expect to have it for BF4.

This reminds me of how we didnt get to receive spectator mode on BF3 even if the basic code was already in the game.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I doubt the petition will be successful for a simple reason and that is; if it is successful people will make petitions for everything they want. But it doesn't hurt to try.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I signed, like people QQ here about why it won't work on BF4,
if it gets a big wave, maybe you'll see it in the Next BF which will come
about 2 years from now.
Marseee

Post by Marseee »

elchino7 wrote:Not being pessimist but...should we wait for BF5? Unless theres something already implemented in the game dont expect to have it for BF4.

This reminds me of how we didnt get to receive spectator mode on BF3 even if the basic code was already in the game.
People wanted BR for BC2, BF3 and BF4. If there's enough noise made about it, the dev team will take it more seriously for other titles. Doubt we will see it in bf4 though.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Marseee wrote:
elchino7 wrote:Not being pessimist but...should we wait for BF5? Unless theres something already implemented in the game dont expect to have it for BF4.

People wanted BR for BC2, BF3 and BF4. If there's enough noise made about it, the dev team will take it more seriously for other titles. Doubt we will see it in bf4 though.
BC2 DID have some kind of BR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S21iTcjZveI 1:44).
BF3 i can´t be sure but there was no "proper" BR (didnt the video makers just used different camera angles + POV recordings?). BF3 had spectator mode but wasnt released.
BF4...same history as BF3.

BTW wouldn´t getting a BR mean more expensive servers?

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

BR needing more expensive servers? nah. The demo recording takes up very little processing power, it's bsaically just saving everything it communciates to players (enemy movements, when guns are fired etc) to another file. The only issue is memory, however that was solved quite easily in the Refractor2.0 days by simply deleting the oldest file when a memory limit was reached. I've g
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Gwynzer wrote:The only issue is memory, however that was solved quite easily in the Refractor2.0 days by simply deleting the oldest file when a memory limit was reached. I've g
Gwynzer has a heart attack and collapses on the submit button. That's what all those Scottish deep fried foodstuffs will do to you.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

Gwynzer RIP OCT 21, 2013. You will be missed.
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well clearly everyone knows precisely the effort and resources needed to develop and run a fully functional BF4 BR. This has been a requested feature for nearly 4 years, but obviously DICE is not releasing one because they like trolling their fan base.
/sarcasm

P.S.: Gwynzer? Gwynzeeeeeer....
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Yuri is just faking his death, while GDI n NOD... i mean while allied forces and the URSS are fighting each other. Wait for the mighty Yuri to rise back...

Dirt?